Why are there STILL riots in Minnesota?

How many isolated incidents does a pattern make?

2 Likes

Those rioting and looting are not good people themselves. Not even close to it.

1 Like

There is no pattern. There are hundreds of millions of traffic stops each year without incident. The number of bad stops is statistically zero. Or as close to zero as you can get. No pattern exists.

Adam Toledo might take umbrage with this patently ridiculous but predictably power-groveling claim, were he not gunned down by Chicago PD, after complying, and with his hands in the air.

1 Like

‘Gun in his hand.’

1 Like

And? There are 800,000 police officers and one of them shot Adam Toledo. With that many officers, why are we not seeing three or four of these every night? At least. Is it because cops are as perfect as they can statically be?

1 Like

No. Just, no.

1 Like

Yes, just yes.

By all means do not believe me. Do some research. Find out for yourself. The numbers are astronomically low. You seem to think that we don’t believe that bad cops exist. You keep trying to prove they do. We already know they do. Bad people are everywhere. But cops in general are amazing. Even good cops can have a bad day. One bad day, ends a career. We have people passing judgement on cops who could never ever handle the stress of that job.

1 Like

Again, the Plato’s Academy thing is for private time.

If you want to make this about statistical perfection, you do the work, first by defining it, and then by demonstrating your claim.

Otherwise, the whole teaching-the-controversies thing is like licking your fingers at the dinner table: it’s not illicit and probably shouldn’t be, but there’s no reason to give it any notice but scorn.

Are they lawyers? So rioting makes them look at additional charges? Sounds like it’s working.

I hope one day that isn’t you or me (generically speaking).

Here’s a good place to start: show how a variable, non-zero, is ‘statistically zero’, or can be.

It’s not even gross negligence. It’s just negligence. I’m guessing involuntary manslaughter.

I’m sure a lot of people are pontificating and the family is going through a lot of hurt and pain right now.

I’d hate to think this is true - that money is being used as punishment or reward.

In 2015 police made contact with civilians 52,000,000 times. How many resulted in an unjustified shoot?

If it was 20, then that would be .000038%

Given the current environment, I can only wonder how a jury can remain impartial.

1 Like

Sure. You just wouldn’t like it. :woman_shrugging:

1. Is that zero?

2. Is ‘police contact’ the right metric?

Do you see how statistics is entirely the wrong lens, and as used by Altair, merely a legerdemain?

Wait until the latest version of electronics is considered dated.

2 Likes

Bet if they brought in the Capitol police to deal with the Minnesota riots libs would sing a different song about the Capitol police huh? :thinking:

3 Likes

Is it zero? No. Considering it’s less than 1 out of 2,000,000 though yes that’s statistically pretty dang low.

Do I think that means it needs to be ignored? No. But neither is it some wave sweeping the nation.