Why are there STILL riots in Minnesota?

[quote=“Jezcoe, post:19, topic:238944, full:true”]

He’s probably dealing with a little PTSD right now. What a horrible thing to go through.

Did you know that in like two thirds of cases where the officer in question is fired, they end up getting their job back?

I’m not surprised.

And the rest of them simply get a job at another precinct.

Are you for real? This literally happened during the murder trial of another Minneapolis cop.

It’s worth mentioning that for the panoptic surveillance generation, there’s no more of the usual “well we have to give the police the benefit of the doubt” stuff. It’s like having a Rodney King tape every single time something happens and even good police work can look ■■■■■■■ terrible on video. Let alone the bad.

Philando Castille’s killer just got his job back, too, no? Or was it Blake’s shooter?

Yanez or whatever?I dunno.

They’re hard to tell apart anymore. Like mass shootings.

1 Like

Exactly! You said it. TRIAL A trial is literally happening. Is there something the mob wants beyond a trial? Maybe a lynching?

1 Like

They want this ■■■■ to stop happening in general. There have been three high profile cases just in Minneapolis in the last few years. Let alone the ones we haven’t heard about because they never made it out of the metro section because they weren’t filmed.

Too bad. I would love there to only be good people in the world. But that’s a fairy tale. No amount of looting and rioting will turn everyone into a good person. You can never make any group or profession perfect. What you do is prosecute the bad ones. And be happy that there are so many good ones.

1 Like

This is why you fail.

People have had enough. It’s one thing to hear that cops act like an occupying army, it’s another to see it in 60fps 4K ultra HD.

3 Likes

There are bad people, so there’s no way to reduce police power?

Power to do what? Give me an example. What would you like taken away?

I’ve been saying this ■■■■ since forever on this very forum. I’ve also been the one that defended police when I thought they were in the right.

It’s a funny thing, the left has their position and the right has theirs, people who are from the ghetto don’t agree with either entirely. They would like police to stop over policing on bull ■■■■ violations and under policing on serious crime. The people with actual experience have a nuanced position, shockingly.

1 Like

This is why you fail. Because you think that we should be able to guarantee that every single one of the 800,000 police officers is a perfect angel. We should have a flawless system. How do you propose doing that?

Too bad. I would love there to only be good people in the world. But that’s a fairy tale. No amount of looting and rioting will turn everyone into a good person. You can never make any group or profession perfect. What you do is prosecute the bad ones. And be happy that there are so many good ones.

The amateur platonic Socratism is for your alone time.

I’m addressing your curious passivity in the face of centralized and institutional, armed power; a passivity that magically vanishes when, say, the topic of immigration policy rears its ugly little tick head.

1 Like

Your correspondents are not arguing for a mechanical or moral perfection; just some restraint.

■■■■ at this point even the old days where the just smacked you around but didn’t shoot you or show up in Fallout power armor would be nice.

2 Likes

They deserve free stuff from local businesses over this.

3 Likes

Exactly. People are rightfully pissed at the officers action.

Police officers unlawfully taking lives. It’s unconscionable.

Allan

Allan