Who's ready for a little common sense?

No, it doesn’t. But the badge and the gun are not following the law and the law itself has drifted into failure.

3 Likes

Wait…if I don’t agree with every word another person says then I m not allowed to agree with any of it? Is that what lefties have devolved the conversation into?

The original theme of this thread was “who’s ready for a little common sense?” One of the common sense themes was “don’t resist arrest. If Daunte Wright had not resisted he would be alive right now. George Floyd resisted…would he still be with us if he had just gotten into the car (maybe bit he had quite a bit of fentanyl in his system reportedly), the 13 year old in the alley at 2:30’in the morning in Chicago (where the hell were his parents), ran off carrying a gun and kept running, Eric Garner resisted, (memory is fuzzy on him but i agree the officers there didn’t need to spend 11 minutes or whatever it was choking him), Micheal brown didn’t just resist he tried to grab the officers gun, Jacob Blake was going for a knife. I don’t think you can put Breonna Taylor in the “resisted” catagory but the rest you can. Not resisting police is just common sense.

I see nothing inconsistent in the idea that if you do what the officers advise you to do and then sort it out later in court that police encounter won’t escalate to violence. There are millions of police encounters a year, only a handful end up with the tragedy of someone dying. Less than 20, a statistically negligible number, ended up like George Floyd last year.

The systemic racism lie needs to stop.

Question: who is a cop to give me orders?

1 Like

Did you do anything wrong?

Of course, everything is illegal.

Then answer his/ her questions and ask your own questions when it’s your turn. Unless you want to be a pain in the ass and escalate the situation.

True, but they aren’t “advising” and there is no “sorting it out later” in court except in the most egregious case publicly known and with video.

Think about it. We have to video them breaking the law to even have a chance out justice.

1 Like

In the instance you’re isolating, that may be true but it doesn’t reflect the propensity of what’s happening.

Routinely. Every single contact.

That isn’t true. What’s led up to the contact is where the officer has the right to ask for ID due to the probable cause that led to the encounter. Is this true every time…no. Is it not true every time…no. That’s where bodycams come in and if you believe the officer was out of line, take them to court but don’t attempt to settle it in the street.

Probable cause is gone. “Reasonable” suspicion is the standard.

2 Likes

In what world is laying on your stomach, handcuffed, ‘resisting arrest’?

And since I’m just done with everything being racism…

Our so called Vice President (that woman is a joke) addressed the nation talking about the systemic racism in a country that made her, an unremarkable grandstanding phony, the first woman Vice President of color. Isn’t she supposed to be fixing Biden’s border mess?

Joe Biden who, was Vice President under our first black president, followed suit.

At a moment that could have been a moment of heeling and unity that the legal system did its job yesterday…those two idiots chose to pursue the path of division.

In the days after George Floyd’s death this country was as United as it has ever been that what happened to that man was wrong. Even after the BLM domestic terrorists tried to and succeeded in burning, looting, killing during the summer of 2020.

I m guessing most of us agree Chauvin got what he deserved yesterday.

This is not a racist country.

Furtive movements, glancing away, making or not making eye contact, shifting a backpack at 11 PM, hand in the pockets, hand out of the pockets, talking, not talking, starting or stopping a conversation…

All “reasonable” suspicion.

Was the Army LT. profiled?

2 Likes

Correct but…in the lib mindset…it’s systemically wacist. It’s all around them. Do they then vote in new leaders? Nope. They vote the same way, get the same mindset leading them and then have riots, arson, violence, murders and looting. What do they then do, the same thing but…expect different results. Now…what is that called? :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

This.

Yep.

It’s terrible.

Yep.

This all day.

I disagree. It is not a racist system (government). The gen pop is a different matter. There are large sectors of the gen pop, on all sides, which routinely associate culture with race.

It’s a self-preservation shortcut we are wired to take.

There are circumstances. They are not routine.

Somebody, probably the police union lobby, has convinced us their lives are worth more and that if we don’t let them abuse us, there will be blue bodies in the street.

They are outnumbered and they know it. The only way to maintain control is tyranny.

1 Like