Who should pay for quarantine and testing?

Last week when my daughter went to the pediatrician with flu systems, the test was given and the results returned in less than an hour.
But assuming that healthcare professionals think that you should take the coronavirus test anyway, then yes, you should not have to pay for it. It is for public health benefit.

From reading the article.

I wasn’t picking a fight, she made a claim that her posts didn’t support.

Oh, hi Doug.

Can you clarify something for me please? Are you saying the hospital should or should not have isolated him before testing for the flu?

Sure they should have put him in a room by himself until the results came in.

And if health professionals do believe that it makes sense to test him for coronavirus even if he has the flu (I’m no medical expert) then it is for public health purposes and he should not have to pay for it, IMO.

A quarantine room or just a general hospital room?

You’re really flailing now.

That’s nice. My understanding at the time I wrote that post (and I may have misunderstood Doug) was that Doug was saying they shouldn’t have quarantined him until after they made sure he didn’t just have the flu. That is what I was arguing against… Not any of the things you imagined I was.

Ma’am, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Just stop.

1 Like

Again, you want a public health official.

Of course they should have isolated him for the hour it would take. I would think he couldn’t well spread it if he were in a room by himself.

Just asking your opinion. I would hope a public health official would agree with me that they should have put him in an actual quarantine room. But in full disclosure, especially since I’m in Northern CA… I super paranoid and want all precautions taken.

Yet he never said that and the article said he was put immediately into a room and quarantined.

Got it. Sorry I misunderstood you earlier.

You are flailing in the attempt to get him to say it was all about quarantining instead testing.

Doug was arguing that the patient (and then the hospital) acted wrongly and so I was arguing against what Doug was saying they should have done. I misunderstood him, which has now been cleared up, and thought he was arguing that the hospital shouldn’t have done anything special until confirming it wasn’t just the flu. I was not arguing about which test they should do, just that they should take all precautions.

Do you get it now?

1 Like

I had it all along, you were the one with the misunderstanding.

If you want to continue having your little made up narrative about me being a dishonest woman, then I can’t stop you… but its kind of rude. I know what I said and it sucks that you can’t accept that, but such is life.

You do realize we can all read your posts don’t you?

What are you talking about? You accused me of arguing about testing methods which I did not do.