Who knew that Sweden and Poland would be leading the fight for free speech?

How so?

Start having real and actual painful consequences for hiring undocumented labor and the issue of undocumented labor would be resolved overnight.

My bet is that previous undocumented labor would become documented… as I said… there would be a resolution.

It imposes more penalties on the private sector to do what we have been doing.

So why are you seemingly for criminalizing the act of “crossing a line on a map” in the act of “coming here for a better life”?

It’s a good idea. The problem is that neither party is willing to do this. One of the few things they agree on. I would be happy with a $10,000 dollar fine for every illegal employed.

While the EEOC demands they accept any ID that appears genuine? How would they not still end up hiring every illegal alien who bothers to get an easily obtainable fake ID?

2 Likes

I don’t understand what that means. Is it the purview of the private sector to deal with illegal immigration?

“Seemingly”? Did I say criminalize it? Whose responsibility is the line on the map?

And you can’t check until after you hire them.

1 Like

You are right.

It is strange that immigration hard liners would not look to actual solutions that cut off the flow of capital to cheap imported labor and instead would opt to spend a ton of money on barrier construction and law enforcement when they should have a team of accountants.

That’s fascism.

He’s not right. It doesn’t work.

1 Like

There are always excuses as to why… I know.

You don’t know anything about hiring illegals.

1 Like

The drag on the economy…which affects the private sector…based on how we handle illegal immigration now is likely worse than some of what has been suggested here.

So you think we shouldn’t be criminalizing the act of crossing a line on a map?

I actually really like e-verify. Like anything else it can be defeated. But it’s a pretty solid system overall. But again, neither party wants it.

He is right in the way that neither party wants to really deal with it.

Part of it could have been dealt with a couple of years ago when President Trump had the Gang of Eight bipartisan bill in front of him that addressed a bunch of immigration issues but he blew it up because he is a terrible deal maker.

Now waiting for the incoming mod note to get back on topic

What “drag on the economy”? How does cheaper labor drag the economy? Do they not contribute?

I know that people shouldn’t do it.

I’m fine with it, as long as the government does it. I’m not an enforcement agency for government incompetence.

1 Like

Horse ■■■■ . If a man is willing to cross that border like that and fight to get to my door, why should I deny him a living? Because he’s brown? I speak Spanish fluently. And chances are he’s a better worker.

Don’t want me to fish him, keep him out of the pond.

Nativists. Tsk, tsk.

Deny him a job because he is undocumented labor.

Is this on topic?