Who Is The Friend?

A knight in a wilderness:

For better or worse, the pastor has become a father figure to many youths in the neighborhood where approximately 80% of the homes do not have a father. He teaches them how to look someone in the eye and give a firm handshake. He makes them sweep the floors and wash the windows before he hands them a dollar to teach them the value of earning. He meets with wayward kids and often spends hours counseling them back onto the straight path. The work exhausts him and sometimes comes at the expense of his own family, yet he never stops fathering.

2 Likes

The little one needs his feet cut off so he can’t walk either, but otherwise :+1:

1 Like

This is one of my favorite threads.

What with some denouncing the desire to be chivalrous or ladylike, who can blame you?

2 Likes

Im looking to support his ministry.

I wish the Govt would use church services more. I think there is much more accountability through local organizations. If the church squanders the resources, We have the ability to quickly cut them off.

1 Like

Reading back through it, it seems to be more of resentment at not being included and demanding I accept their definition. Probably an inclusion thing.

1 Like

Chivalry must never die!

My friend again.

If you find it, please let me know.

1 Like

He reached his $2M goal.

1 Like

morgan he's right

Possibly another knight…

1 Like

Day 75 of 100

Education and school choice. His guest wants to start a school.

A knightly act.

2 Likes

This society in which we live does not immiserate the workers but helps them to build a better life.
Horkheimer’s Lament

A man came up to me this past summer and asked me what I thought about all the crime going on and what we should do about it. I looked right at him and said, “lock 'em all up.” The man looked at me, surprised. Then he said, “Aren’t you worried about locking up too many black men. Our prisons are full of black men, and we can’t be locking them up.” And I said, “They’re not black. They are criminals.”

The man didn’t know what to say.

A knight.

3 Likes

Winsome Sears is a friend.

1 Like

Knights

Ink spot. Failed state.

2 Likes

Mmmmm

Data from the United States Census Bureau shows that nearly 18.5 million children grow up without their fathers, which has in return led to the United States owning the title of the world’s leader in fatherlessness.

3 Likes