Who here has reverence for George Floyd?

Teacher is right.

But reverence for George Floyd gets you axed if you defy the narrative.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/video-shows-an-alaska-teacher-telling-students-that-george-floyd-would-still-be-alive-if-he-followed-police-orders-she-was-put-on-leave/ar-BB1gsUlQ?li=BBnbfcL

I doubt very many people on this entire planet genuinely care about George Floyd as a person and that includes just about every activist who marched, protested, looted and burned in his name.

6 Likes

Sheā€™s wrong. She has no way of knowing that. Especially since he was murder while handcuffed and apprehended.

What a dumb thing to say

I know I donā€™t. His background doesnā€™t excuse his murder. Nor does his background include noble causes to get behind.

Completely agree, and I also am 100% for police reform, but the veneration of George Floyd is pathetic.

Well hereā€™s one who studied the life of George Floyd.

Heā€™s not the only person to be killed unjustly by a cop.

He was the tipping point.

That doesnā€™t make the veneration any less cringeworthy or pathetic.

George Floyd was a violent felon. That doesnā€™t excuse the way he died, nor does it warrant his ascension as the Patron Saint of Progressivism. When this case is finally out of appeals and all the officers are sentenced, heā€™ll be forgotten as soon as the Democratic mob moves on to the next outrage.

3 Likes

This isnā€™t how it works.

Everyone still knows Rodney Kingā€™s name.

He was convenient. How he was murdered was more important than who or when.

:rofl: Sure they do.

1 Like

People donā€™t just know his name, they know his catchphrase. Even now. Itā€™s synonymous with police brutality and the resulting civil disorder.

1 Like

Sure it is. In the cosmos.

So what? Rodney King was a crackhead. Amadou Diallo sold bootleg VHS tapes on street corners in Harlem and barely spoke English. Randy Weaver was a mentally unstable doomsday prepper. David Koresh was a child-sex cult leader. Diallo excepted, they were all horrible human beings.

Twenty five, thirty years later most everyone still knows who they were and how they died. If you think George Floyd is gonna be any different, I got some bad news.

1 Like

Agreed. No one can disagree on the inhumanity and disregard for any decency on how he was killed.

Randy Weaver is still alive. But aside from that, I agree completely.

Yā€™all mad?

1 Like

Maybe not everyone but yeah plenty of people do, especially those of us Gen X and older. And I bet quite a few older millennials as well