Who here has reverence for George Floyd?

“Can’t we all just get along” remains part of the American lexicon to this day, mostly as an ironic punchline, because of King’s televised plea for peace during the ‘92 LA riots.

Well yeah they killed his wife and kid. But people still remember.

That isn’t how our current culture operates. Society didn’t have a 24/7 media cycle, the entire population equipped with cameras, or “influencers.” We quickly move on to the next thing, especially anybody under the age of 40.

If you think anyone’s going to forget the global protests and riots that ripped the country apart for a whole summer whole most of us were stuck at home with nothing to do during a pandemic when we still talk about the summer of ‘68 fifty odd years later, again, I got some bad news.

Is it difficult to admit that George Floyd was a bad person AND that every officer involved in his death should receive the maximum sentence?

Why do we care how bad of a person he was?

1 Like

They are cursed for a hundred years.

It does make the veneration of him that much more disturbing.

1 Like

Andrew Jackson is on our money.

Yes I do.

Bingo! :wink:

For those with a race baiting agenda.

2 Likes

All the race hustlers care about is that a black man was killed by white officers. Nothing else matters.

If George Floyd was a white man, we never would have heard of him.

3 Likes

Him being a bad person doesn’t matter.

Sure it does.

You obviously didn’t.

1 Like

:rofl: you can’t find 5 people your age on a street that know anything about '68. The media brought up last year to compare.

1 Like

To what?

Yeah that explains all my Vicki Weaver references about Ashli Babbitt for the last four months. Because I didn’t know who died.

Takes a big man to admit when he’s wrong. Good for you.

1 Like