Who has done more for America and for the Middle Class, this group or Liberal Politicians?

“Faux”?

Am I? Strange. I’m generally looking for an honest answer, which I rarely get.

:rofl:

Of course I got the message.

Ayn Rand is not a subtle author. There’s a 150 page speech in the middle.

I just don’t agree with it.

1 Like

Of course you have.

What do you disagree with? Remember your candidates’ campaign promises.

Is it that they’re not “honest” answers, or could it be that they’re just not the answers that fit your worldview?

1 Like

The entire premise is as childish wish-fullfilment as believing that after the people rise up and seize the means of production, everyone will be equal and a utopia will prevail.

I don’t have any candidates.

FDR was the main component of the middle class even being able to be created.

Economically, WW2 was an igniter of economic growth. But without the New Deal policies that were put in place before WW2, most Americans would not have shared all the wealth that was created post WW2.

Republicans have tried to dismantle the New Deal policies, pretty much since its inception.

Most were kept in place, until Reagan. He and the Republican party has been doing a pretty good over the last 40 years of accomplishing their goal.

Honestly… the only work of fiction that Ayn Rand ever wrote that anyone needs to read is “Anthem”

It isn’t a bad sci fi story and all of her other works riff off of that.

It has the benefit of being short and not a bloated screed like Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead.

“Capitalism the unknown Ideal” is interesting but exposes the moral vapidness of Objectvism.

Her ideas about art are hilarious.

2 Likes

Agreed. I almost enjoyed Anthem, as a work of literature.

Yes. No.

I have zero expectations of anybody fitting my worldview.

:rofl:

You misunderstand. Your worldview provides you with expectations as to what the “other side” believes.

1 Like

Medicare, Medicaid: government was the largest provider even before ACA, but why let reality interfere with a.going out for a good spin?

“The people”? You mean a small group of producers? Where would you be without your I-phone? I didn’t think you got the message and I was correct.

You will vote for one of them. Probably Warren in the primary.

■■■■ FDR.

I wonder how many of Ms. Rand’s here are aware of her views on religion?

I think you didn’t understand my post.

I was comparing Atlas Shrugged to the Communist Manifesto.

Which gave rise to an even worse book - Fifty Shades Of Grey. Fifty Shades began as Twilight fan fic.

1 Like

Probably all of them.

No, 40 years of observation and asking questions provides me evidence of what the other side believes. I take you at face value, but I also understand that none of your politics are based on anything but emotion. I understand reductionism very well.

I was talking about Atlas Shurgged.

But I did know that the Fifty Shades books started as Twilight fanfic.

1 Like