Who are the 10 terrorists Trump is referring to?

If they were apprehended at the border as indicated, they can not be held without a hearing… extradition or deportation also requires a hearing…

Terrorism isn’t a federal crime?

1 Like

If someone is on an international terrorist watch list and that person is apprehended at the border, do you seriously believe they will be prosecuted in the U.S.?

I don’t really know what the process is for dealing with those individuals, but I’m quite confident Trump haters won’t be personally briefed on the capture and disposition. Failure to do so doesn’t mean that Terrorist was never apprehended or that Trump is lying about the terrorist.

Conspiracy to commit terrorist acts is still a crime. They are called terrorists because?

If in fact these people are apprehended, your belief is that their arrest is secret and your confidence lies solely in your belief that that Trump haters think otherwise. That’s some astonishing logic

1 Like

They may or may not be prosecuted in the US but they will have hearings…

So by your silly measure, all of the ISIS terrorists in the Middle East should be brought to the U.S. and tried in federal court? Is that what you are saying?

There were 50,000+ apprehensions last month. Is there a published list of each an every one of those apprehensions? Maybe; maybe not. Does that mean they were apprehended in secret? So if a known terrorist was among them, do you honestly believe that should be front page news?

All 50,000 apprehended last month will likely have some form of hearing. Will those hearings all be televised? Does failure to inform Trump haters that there might be a known terrorist among those 50,000 mean that there is something nefarious going on? Or maybe that Trump is lying because that terrorist wasn’t explicitly singled out and made known to the Trump haters?

Did they cross the bordered into the US? If so then yes

If any of those 50k are terrorist, like the 10 Trump mentioned, then yes we should know. Why wouldn’t you want to know about 10 alleged terrorists?

There is no “likely” about it… How would we even be able to determine who they are without detaining them? If they are detained, they WILL have a hearing… If they are deported or extradited, they will have a hearing…

There are 10s of thousands of terrorists in the world. Would you expect the government to identify each one for you? If a known terrorist is successfully apprehended at our border and dealt with, why do Trump haters believe they have a right to know? If that terrorist were to slip into the country, would the public be told? Or would law enforcement agencies be provided with the information they would need to deal with the terrorist?

I’m just curious why only Trump is required to reveal these kinds of secrets, when no other sitting president was?

Could it be simple Trump hating?

What? We are discussing people who were allegedly apprehended.

Yep! But you likely won’t know about it. Doesn’t mean Trump is lying.

Beats me………….

If Obama claimed the same, I would hold him to the same standard.

You don’t make a claim like that without further details. We pay taxes to know that our security works. If it was classified, he should have never publicly mentioned it.

I want to know the kinds of people who are seeking to do harm. I know when an illegal immigrants commits a murder, why can’t I know when a terrorist crosses into our country to potentially do me harm?

Why are you against transparency?

Right to know? Of course we have a right to know… We don’t have secret trials in our country… It’s a fundamental right in our constitution… Do you know why Guantanamo Bay is so controversial? It’s because it is outside of the US and the legal standards are not nearly as strict… We still have a right to know who is held there…

Indeed. There were times when most conservatives, myself included, were complaining about a lack of transparency in the Obama administration.

It would seem some “conservatives” have suddenly forgotten about the need for transparency.

There are hundreds of these kinds of hearings every day. Are you keeping close tabs on them, given that you have a right to know?