Who are the 10 terrorists Trump is referring to?

So if a known terrorist is apprehended at the border and swiftly extradited to an interested country, we have a right to know all of the gory details? Why?

Extradition requires a judges order…

How is the house staying in Republican hands prediction working out for you?

I remember something like the Rs will lose seats but retain control.

Nope. not even close.

Leave the predicting to the experts such as myself, who hit the house prediction right on the nose.

Allan

1 Like

Yep! Doesn’t mean that will make front page news.

We get it - transparency in government has suddenly lost it’s appeal with some who support Trump.

1 Like

I made that claim shortly after Trump’s win. I’ve long since backed away from that prediction, instead saying I had no prediction.

My track record has been zero percent right. I’ve failed to predict anything with any accuracy.

Soooooo……

I guess you could say my 2020 prediction is nothing more than wishful thinking. :slight_smile:

Has nothing to do with transparency. For obvious reasons (obvious to any reasonable person), the war on terror is conducted in secrecy.

Someone must have forgotten to tell Trump this. He just recently blabbed about 10 alleged terrorists.

2 Likes

One of the Trump’s primary platforms is the wall and the immigration. If even a single terrorist was arrested he would not hide it. You know that, but for whatevere reason you have decided to talk about the need for secrecy.

why? knowing historical records of previous midterms in the house that did not bode well for that prediction?

do you think the Trump as president somehow had the magic to overcome historical trends?

its not wishful thinking but magical thinking

I thought Obama would lose the house in 2010 based upon historical trends.

There is not magic when it comes to first midterms, its merely how people respond to unpopular legislation. and lets face it, Obamacare was an albatross around Obama neck.

Allan

I don’t recall he provided any specifics. Terrorists are targeted and killed every day by drones. Outside of the big fish, details remain secret. Trump stating that terrorists are killed by drones isn’t revealing anything of value. Simply mentioning that some number of apprehensions include terrorists, isn’t revealing anything of value.

The only thing unusual here is the frothing at the mouth from Trump haters.

No one’s asking for a personal briefing on everything Trump does.

But if 10 terrorists were recently caught entering the country from the Mexican border, that seems like something the public should be informed about: they’re a direct threat to Americans. Who are they? Where do they come from? What happened to them? Moreover, if it was true, why wouldn’t Trump elaborate, explain, and use at as much as possible to support his wall proposal?

He jumped on the attack in France immediately to do so:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1072832023927185408

(Way to offer sympathy, Mr. President. Classy)

You don’t think he’d make serious hay of TEN TERRORISTS getting into the US? LOL. Okay.

How exactly are 10 terrorists in custody a direct threat to Americans??? :confused:

They aren’t… necessarily. But you are moving goal posts.

We should know who those 10 terrorists are and what they sought to do in the US. President just tweeted about the France terror attack but doesn’t say another peep about the 10 terrorists that tried to cross our border.

They if were all apprehended, then why would trump tout this as a win for our border patrol?

I like how we’ve moved from the unverified existence of these “terrorists,” mentioned as an afterthought by a president who lies and ■■■■■■■■■ constantly, to the assumption that these 10 terrorists who no one can confirm exist or knows about are now in super secret custody, held by . . . someone, somewhere. Who are they? Forget Schrödinger’s cat; we’ve got Schrödinger’s terrorists.

2 Likes

That’s not Trump’s way. It would be out of character for him to tout a win for his DHS/Border patrol if they caught ten terrorists entering the US through the Mexican border.

He wouldn’t make a big deal about it. He’d be modest and discreet. He doesn’t brag about his wins, or exploit fears of terrorist threats to further his policy goals, such as they are. It would be unseemly.

3 Likes

As sad as this is to say, I believe Trump pulled the particular “10 terrorists” out of his behind because he was stuck on the number “10” as the number of democratic senate votes he needs to get funding for the wall passed.

It doesn’t help because we need 10 Democrats in the Senate.

" I need 10 senators. That’s the problem."

Nancy, I need 10 votes from Chuck.

and then…

" We caught 10 terrorists…"

Trump is simply making his case for a border wall by mentioning that terrorists are among those seeking to cross our border illegally.

Most reasonable people understand that simple concept. Only serious Trump haters would use that harmless statement against him, while calling him a liar because he didn’t provide detailed information on each and everyone of those terrorists.

If we captured 10 terrorists trying to sneak into the US yes the arrests would be all over the news. But in the event that for some reason this information was not to be shared with the public why would Trump break that secrecy.

Either Trump is lying or he has no regard for national security. One of the two has to apply and both are problematic for a President.

Are you really that far gone when it comes to Trump that you blindly clap and agree with everything he says and does? Are you incapable of even the most basic critical thinking?

3 Likes

Dang - now I’ve got to clean my monitor. :rofl: