Who are the 10 terrorists Trump is referring to?

Okay, in today’s bananas conclave with Chuck, Nancy, and–I guess?–Donny, the President said, specifically regarding the necessity of his border wall with Mexico:

“These are very serious people. We caught 10 terrorists. These are people that are looking to do harm. We need the wall. More important than anything, we need border security.”

I know Pence slung some ■■■■■■■■ about this a while back during a speech, which his office later retracted. Anyone know what Trump is referring to re: 10 terrorists caught coming in through the Mexico-American border? It seems if this were true, we’d all want to know about it. And it would be visceral, front-and-center evidence for the pro-wall thesis.

1 Like

Well there was Buddy and Parker and sniff PJ and Squee…

4 Likes

Did they arrest any journalist after all they are one a and the same

Seriously, though: I know we frame Trump’s outrageous casual lying as absurd, and after a few years, we’re all ironic and weary. But this kind of ■■■■ is terrible.

1 Like

Trump is flat out lying. There is absolutely no factual substantiation of his outrageous claim.

1 Like

You think it’s from Russia Today? I read Corn and Isikoff’s book and when someone in Trump’s camp brings up some nutty incident that never happened that makes everyone scratch their head it’s pretty much always from RT or sites like PrisonPlanet and Infowars that uncritically repeat that stuff.

My first guess is that he heard it - or thought he did - on Fox & Friends.

Cursory check (boy, am I procrastinating today, or what?)–no luck. But your take is entirely believable–and he’s done that before.

I am hoping some Trump supporters might be able to help us out, fill in the blanks, connect the dots, etc. Who knows?

Did they arrest proudboys or sovereign citizens and stable genius got confused?

Fox and Friends probably got the scoop from someone in the Trump administration who just made it up, like Pence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/10/23/pence-vouches-trumps-dubious-terrorists-in-the-caravan-claim-with-bogus-stat/?utm_term=.471ddf022f6c

Pence lied via getting facts and then discarding them.

Update: In a statement to The Post, Pence spokeswoman Alyssa Farah tacitly acknowledges that Pence misstated the stat, and that it’s actually for all ports of entry. “In 2017 alone the U.S. apprehended on average between 10 suspected terrorists a day attempting to enter the country illegally. And those are just the ones that we catch. It’s inconceivable that this caravan — which is being broadcast around the globe — hasn’t already been infiltrated by individuals with ties to extremism.”

The problem from day one hasn’t been that Donald Trump is a consummate liar, bull, man-child, and all around low life.

That isn’t the problem.

The problem is all the Trumplicans who don’t care and will ignore or deny or forgive any rotten thing he does; short of shooting someone in their immediate family and or burning down their own house (maybe).

Here’s a claim from a 2017 report from (Trump’s) State Department:

"Overview: Counterterrorism cooperation between the Mexican and U.S. governments remained
strong. There are no known international terrorist organizations operating in Mexico, no
evidence that any terrorist group has targeted U.S. citizens in Mexican territory, and no credible
information that any member of a terrorist group has traveled through Mexico to gain access to
the United States . . . "

C’mon. Let’s go, people.

BTW, how did the invasion go? Did the United States win?

I don’t know. Has Trump tweeted about it since the election?

Soldiers are still deployed. It’s a quackmire

1 Like

Just lies about terrorists as far as I know.

From what I’ve read, I think I could create a sock puppet account and respond to my own thread with a counterargument/explanation, but that would be no fun. But look!

All these buckets of water–I need someone to carry them for me!

3 Likes