White Privilege

The concept of white privilege has been used in the past few years to justify all types of policies, plans and harden the political divisions in this country.

Joe Biden’s recent questioning of “blackness” is, I believe, an example of “democratics privilege” along with Clinton’s “No ways tarred” and the CPT reference in the skit, among others.

Privilege exists, including white privilege. It is not about me as an individual and whether or not “I didn’t build that” (collective privilege). It’s not about race.

It is about the benefit of the doubt. A weighting.

The place it really stands out to me is the American Injustice System. Does the court lend more weight to a cop’s word than mine simply because he has a badge and a costume? Blue privilege.

In this case, charges were filed against a person defending their home from lethal assault.

I believe the charge was automatic because he defended himself from agents of the state. Blue privilege. Now that things are known, charges dropped. Why were they filed before they were known in the first place. Blue privilege.

A wealthy man’s word carries more weight than a poor man’s.

In the context of sexual assault - Woman Privilege. Unless - Democrat Privilege.

If it’s my word against yours. I am white in a suit with my own representation. Does my word get more weight than you in your saggy pants and public defender?

We all like to pretend we make decisions objectively, based on logic formulated from carefully analyzes data with unimpeachable integrity.

We don’t. Confirmation bias is very, very real and more powerful than we care to admit. As is context.

The question was asked in another thread, “Is my history of America the same as yours.” No, it is not.

There are no relevant facts, only context.

So there is no reason to be insulted by the term “privilege”. It exists. The question is, is this particular case because because I am white (unlikely)? Or is it because of culture (much more likely)

If it is my word, in a suit and tie, weighted more than yours in sagging pants and a public defender?

What if you, black man in a suit. I a white thug in sagging pants. Who gets the weight?

1 Like

What about poor privilege? From the government, you get this or that unless you aren’t poor?

Indeed. That is the curse of the correction.

Better never means better for everyone… It always means worse, for some.

Margaret Atwood

A fact overlooked by those who would “fix”.

confusing op. white privilege bs or no?

your op suggests it is ■■■■■■■■

thats good because it totally is

1 Like

I can somewhat understand what they are referring to as “white privilege” (less likely to be hammered by cops, less feeling like an outcast because you look different, people being curious about touching your hair, etc.), but, to be honest, I think the concept has too many holes, as I have said many times already.

Some of these holes include not considering other races that may be considered “superior” to white. Asian for example, is an over-represented minority in mathmatics and medicine, after having networked with doctors, residents, med students, and other pre-meds both in person and online.

Another one is, attributing special characteristics to race where there might not be any. For example: I am a descendant of both Germanic and Czech ancestry. My great-great maternal grandmother (the Czech side) saw her friend get shot on site because they were feeding concentration camp prisoners by tossing food over the fence. Her life was only spared because she was a seamstress and so they enslaved her by giving her the job of sewing Nazi uniforms. Should I feel entitlement because I am 1/4 Czech or should I feel guilt because I am half German?

Additionally, white people also experience poverty, feeling like a pariah or an outcast, etc. Being white does not necessarily grant them immunity from life’s curveballs.

Racism still exists. Oh I know it still exists. But we need to bring up one without degrading the other. I hope this makes sense.

1 Like

I want to know: is there such thing as height privilege? I am 5’4. I want my money back on the genetic lottery, please.

5 Likes

it would be if the nitwit left figured out a way to make shorter people another aggrieved group

1 Like

:musical_note: Hard work-work… :musical_note:

1 Like

I have about 5 extra inches on my waist you can have.:rofl:

7 Likes

Party girls don’t get hurt, can’t feel anything when will I learn, I push it down, I push it down…123, 123 drink. 123 123 drink. throw 'em back, till I lose count.

What about pretty privilege? People get more benefits from being pretty than they do being white. Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s not easy being this ridiculously good-looking, but it is a requirement.

1 Like

ahaha yes! There you go. I was an ugly kid, and people would say their friend wanted to go out with me as a joke to tease their friend. I was the undesirable lol. I mean, I don’t care now, but other kids got proper socialization while I was the loner who had to suffer the brunt of their immaturity. ■■■■ them for being good looking amiright?

Right? I’m more than just a pretty face with a cute booty. It’s a blessing and a curse.

2 Likes

I have a cute but cheeky face, and my hips are too wide because of these darn rods. I’m also gaining weight…le sigh. So I’m just going to blame the good-looking people for all my problems, and wallow in my victimhood! That’s a good solution; that will fix everything!

You sound absolutely perfect! Fashion mags have convinced women that men want them to weight 86 pounds. Nope, no and hell no!

1 Like

i just wish for once someone would consider me for my mind

2 Likes

To whom do you speak? What is confusing you?

That’s what the internet is for. :grin:

2 Likes

Lucky us huh? Born good looking instead of rich?

3 Likes