White privilege: Can we agree on this much?

The “defund the police” movement is due to poor parenting so that so many come into adulthood without any respect for authority and can’t even follow a simple order without raising the stress level during the encounter where all too often, that perp gets hurt…but it’s the police officer’s fault.

I disagree

You’re allowed to but I am spot on and the videos that are released days after the encounter concur. The question you should be asking yourself is, why does it take days for the media to publish the whole truth and George Floyd is the perfect example of what I just said.

Why do I have to follow “orders” during a “simple encounter”?

Why wouldn’t you?

Because I am a free citizen.

Why do I have to get my hands out of my pockets while he can rest his on his gun?

1 Like

Alright and what does that have to do with following a simple command by a police officer? Why exacerbate the encounter? What is it you want to prove? I give a simple “yes officer” or “no officer” and I’m on my way. Why do you have to make a situation where there’s no problem, into a problem?

A devout Catholic idiot?

Because I am a free citizen. He’s not my real dad. Why do I have to do anything he says? To “not make it worse”? That’s a threat. Why does he get to threaten me?

He stopped me, why do I have to deescalate when he escalated?

1 Like

Why does he get to give me commands?

“Officer”? Why do I have to call me by some made up title? I’m private, not a Private.

Why do I need to say “Ma’am” to somebody half my age?

It depends on why he stopped me? He’ll say why and I respond respectfully. If he agrees, I’m gone? If not, he’ll say why and I’ll respond respectfully and that’s how it goes.

I do it because it relates to the officer that my intent is to respectfully get the ■■■■ out of there.

Does it? Why? Is he required to tell you why he stopped you by law? No.

I don’t know what state you live in, he probably doesn’t even have to tell you you are under arrest. He can walk up to you and zip you up and never say a word. And if he chooses to say a word, he can do it after he has already put his hands on (assaulted) you.

And the most that will happen is you will be kicked loose, you won’t even get an apology.

Submit so I can be on my way? So he doesn’t get upset? Are we free citizens or serfs?

Like a serf dealing with a knight.

1 Like

Actually my friend…in truth, if I should ever be pulled over, I’d guess they’d know who I am. I live in small town USA and I sponsor many of their community projects.

Blue privilege

I live outside a small town. One of them would recognize my face, he doesn’t know my name.

All that is true but he would have to explain it to a court and if I’m as innocent as I’d think I was in this imaginary scenario, I’d go for the jugular.

Wouldn’t do you any good.

It hasn’t always been that way and I don’t act any different now, than then. Maybe it’s these positive actions, that in the long run, pay dividends and every day is another installment we should all be paying?