Whistle-Blower Tells Congress of Irregularities in White House Security Clearances

There are also people who think the earth is flat; brave new world. You be you.

BTW: I was only using a justification used by people that voted for him… “I don’t like the guy, but the Judges were too important… etc…”. So that IS many of his voter’s assessment…

Maybe we could if anyone were actually claiming it’s illegal.

Must. Defend. Trump.

Come on people, read the article in the OP.

1 Like

He knew that was false when he typed it.

Oh, if I could only go back in time and respond to every thread justly (or unjustly) criticizing an Obama decision with - “Well, that decision was within his discretion, and you can’t impeach him, so it was right, and you and Republicans should just shut up about it, mkay?”

I’m sure that would have gone over just swimmingly.

1 Like

Yeah, you will? How much?
By “ongoing practice” you mean past presidents routinely gave in the neighborhood of 25 overrides on security clearance agency determinations?

What bet do you propose? I’ll take it.

Why do people have different takes on this issue:

Right now, this story is the second news story on the www.nytimes.com front page (under a Brexit story).

Right now, this story is the lead on www.cnn.com

Right now, this story is not being covered on www.foxnews.com. Their lead is a full-on Brett Kavanaugh style takedown of Joe Biden (SECOND ACCUSER COMES FORWARD!), followed by stories about Democrats defending Jussie Smollett and an opinion piece about how Democrats in Pennsylvania prefer Allah to Jesus.

The political divide is like two different worlds. Does anyone think that if President Obama had overruled the clearance process one time, it would not have been the lead at foxnews.com?

6 Likes

Donald Trump is a straight shooter and has never been involved in dirty stuff. I wouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

Let’s all take a moment to imagine the ferocious outrage that conservatives would be having if this was Obama.

The double standard and hypocrisy of Trump’s sycophants is nauseating and unpatriotic.

2 Likes

They would be calling Obama every name in the book and calling for an immediate investigation…pure hypocrisy.

If Obama did the same thing, this is an example how deranged they would get.

https://twitter.com/jasonscampbell/status/1112160568482414592?s=21

1 Like

You have to love this bill being proposed…

Judgment and Responsibility in Executing Determinations for Security Clearance Act or the JARED Security Clearance Act of 2019

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1187

2 Likes

Not quite true. Members of Congress get security access based on being elected to the Legislative Branch by the people and their committee assignments. The Executive Branch does not grant security access to Members of Congress.

^^^^^

3 Likes

It makes me wonder who she loves more, her family or Donald Trump?

I was wondering who else doesn’t get what we commonly call a “security clearance” and it turns out federal judges don’t need them either. They only require a “need to know”.

No biggie, potential shady characters/criminals can have access to all of our country’s secrets as long as king trump says so.

These guys almost rioted over mustard…

You don’t know that.

And Newbold’s “recollection” is … all you need to know?

Selling out our country, one bogus security clearance at a time.