Whistle-Blower Tells Congress of Irregularities in White House Security Clearances

My recollection from a previous story is that Newbold could only recall two previous instances in almost two decades on the job.

If that’s the case, are you still OK with this?

2 times in 25 years, 25 times in 1 year… what’s the difference?

1 Like

“As a result, she warned that security clearance applications for White House officials ‘were not always adjudicated in the best interest of national security,’” Cummings wrote. “She also reported to the Committee that she has been targeted for retaliation after declining to grant security clearances based on longstanding national security protocols.”

Just nothing burgers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/white-house-whistleblower-says-security-clearance-denials-were-reversed-during-trump-administration/2019/04/01/9f28334e-542c-11e9-814f-e2f46684196e_story.html?utm_term=.d228eec52d2a

Newbold named several superiors she took her concerns to, including: Director of Personnel Security Carl Kline; his immediate supervisor, Chief Operations Officer Samuel Price; White House Counsel’s Office; the assistant to the president Marcia Kelly; and Chief Security Officer Crede Bailey.

Newbold told the panel that she knew her denials of security clearances could be overruled. But she was initially concerned about a lack of documentation that went into those decisions and said those were made “without memorializing the risks they were accepting.”

This is a good one. Nothing to see here folks, just Ivanka and Jared having access to all goverment secrets while having business ties to Saudi Arabia (Kushner) and China (Ivanka)

Newbold also said the White House was “getting out of control” with the number of interim security clearances awarded to White House officials who didn’t yet have permanent clearance status. Those temporary passes enabled aides to access classified information — including some sensitive information for long periods of time.

And you did it without a question mark. Tricky.

So Hillary should be imprisoned because of the 4 emails that were upclassified. These 25 people who were actually GIVEN ACCESS to god-knows-what are not a problem at all. Let’s lock up the whistle blower.

Maybe you’ll believe this guy, I think we can assume he’s not a Trump fan.

from https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/us/politics/jared-kushner-trump-family.html

“I know of no limitations on the president’s ability to consult private citizens about sensitive national security issues,” said Gregory B. Craig, a former White House counsel to President Obama.

It is bizarre, it really has come down to “my team not your team!”, for some.

1 Like

I think this presidency is informative in that unilateral powers might not be such a good thing if we are just going to toss “character” out of the window when we elect someone to office…

But that is probably a good thing regardless.

Noted and added to the daily outrage list.
Next.

Or just maybe the people who elected him have a different assessment of his character than you do. Like, they probably don’t think he’s a Russian agent. Or that Jared or Ivanka are either.

Just because something isn’t illegal, doesn’t make it right.

This is not a good look. You should just stop.

2 Likes

“Just because something is illegal doesn’t make it wrong. Or unprofitable.”

• Donald J. Trump

Tell that to the people in this thread claiming it’s illegal.

I agree with Guvnah here. Would be nice to know how often previous presidents overruled Security clearance recommendations in the past.

Uh oh. This doesn’t look good.

They BOTH have the number 25 in them so they’re the EXACT SAME!

2 : 25 :: 25 : 1

“The math checks out,” said no one. :grin: