Where did the Monsters we see in the Fossil Record Come from?

Do you even know what you arguing about anymore? The whole point of a miracle is that it is a physical occurrence that cant be explained. It doesnt mean that having no evidence for it is a justified worldview. You stick way too much to generic platitudes eith an extreme lack of specifics. The fact is, there is no evidence for ANY miraculous activity that has occurred on this planet. Theres just as much evidence that I was abducted by aliens…after all, I can assure you that I experienced it.

That’s meaningless. What level of science do you teach and in what format? Sunday school? High school? Should we appeal to your authority and not question your understanding of these matters because you “teach science”?

It usually isn’t scientists who point to miracles as evidence for a God.

Agreed on your definition of evidence.

So there is or isnt evidence for miracles?

62% are wrong, so I agree.

Religion is a philosophy and it deals with the spiritual and subjective realms. Science deals with objects and facts that can be known with the five senses and measured. Science can no more deal with the philosophical/spiritual realm than the NFL Super Bowl can be played on a bowling alley. And vice-versa.

Unless two athletes can agree to discuss either football or bowling, there is going to be problems on agreeing whether the ball should have three holes or one. In the same way, when two people come together for a discussion, they have to choose between science and philosophy to make much sense.

You denigrated other Christians’ beliefs. That’s the point I was making.

You do this a LOT…all while pretending youmdon’t.

While subtly insisting that YOUR beliefs are better.

I’m telling you that there is no Christian denomination…not ONE…that tells you you must wait for death for your life to be changed by faith.

Not ONE.

And yet THIS is what you said:

For people who care just as much about their life today, waiting for death simply makes no sense. I am thinking it doesn’t make much sense to atheists, either, so they give up on the whole thing.

1 Like

Correct, because this is precisely what was explained to me–i.e. all sins (for believers) were forgiven two thousand years ago–even the sins they have not yet committed. Because they believe in Christ as savior, no sin matters. Wild, isn’t it?

You keep misusing the term philosophy. Science is just as much a philosophy as religion. Philosophy isnt bound to the “spiritual realm”. You can be an atheist an be extremely philosophical, without believing spirit. Naturalism is a real philosophy. And atheists dont just arbitrarily believe that the scientific method is the best path for truth.

No they dont. You only keep saying things like this when you run out of arguments. When you cant provide evidence, cant provide reasonable justification, you just shout that it’s your experience and its beyond science and yadada atheists just dont understand, etc. Its a very convenient copout.

You haven’t even scratched philosophy. You haven’t justified any ontology that asserts the existence of metaphysical properties, nor have you developed or expressed any epistemology that backs your claims outside of “bible says so” and “I prayed and felt a warm fuzzy feeling”.

You constantly talk about how people need to study the bible more and that it takes years. You’ve also called people gullible in this thread. Maybe you should take your own advice and quit equating philosophy with western religion, because philosophy goes far deeper than anything you’ve expressed in this thread.

And I would argue that atheistsm requires more philosophical frameworks than those who believe in God. Because atheists cant just say “mysterious” or “god” every time there is a hole in ones understanding.

Just a suggestion

I don’t know about that. On the other, better board, there were in depth discussions about good works and their place in the salvation process. Adherents to the faith alone philosophy bent themselves into multiple pretzels to avoid even implying good works have a place in salvation, either before or after. I believe the performing of good works is part of the fruits and benefits of living a kingdom life in this lifetime. I did not understand the reluctance of some Christians to embrace the performance of good works.

Even those who believe in grace only do not believe a believer’s life today isn’t changed.

Whether they call the good works part of salvation or merely the inner workings of the Holy Spirit as evidence of salvation is irrelevant. They don’t teach the believer to simply “wait for death”.

They also don’t teach living today like they are already in the kingdom of heaven. The focus always seems to be what it will be like when they get to heaven. Merri is pointing out they can have some ood that now, so why wait to die to experience what kingdom life will be like.

Buddhism has a very similar central tenant

That is nice

Dana-Carvey-church-lady-best

Whatever blows your skirt up and makes your knees feel good.

Again…not even the grace only denominations teach that. They all teach that you can lead a kingdom life now

I’ve never heard them say it. The only drum they had to beat was the “good works won’t save you” drum. Became monotonous after a short while.

Quite frankly, they seemed a rather miserable lot. They never talked about the joy of serving the Lord. All they seemed to want to talk about was hell and damnation. Pretty depressing, really.

It makes gewd metal music tho

Shows what they were focused on.