Where did the Monsters we see in the Fossil Record Come from?

True but all three of these religions recognize Abraham’s God.

Presenting other teachings and an opinion of why the miss the mark of what Jesus taught is matter-of-fact discussion. Since I am not pretending, what you might be finding irksome is that I am accepting that people embrace different beliefs. This being said, what does trouble me is when it leads people to choose atheism and turn their backs on the whole idea of faith. My apologies for upsetting you.

Abraham’s God really wasn’t into human sacrifice.

Yes atheists converse with the religious more than vice versa. Plenty of call in shows that prioritize theist callers.

Yeah, atheist- Athenian, I get it.
Historical dialogues abound.
I should be more tolerant.

Athenian? Wut? Nobody said anything about tolerance yet but you being surprised that atheists go on a religious forum to converse is amusing.

1 Like

No…what bothers me is you denigrate others’ beliefs while pretending you don’t.

Unlike you, I’m forthright with what I’m actually saying.

1 Like

Abraham’s God asked him to demonstrate what he was going to do with his own son with Issac.

Only with Issac it demonstrated Abraham’s faith and was stopped as it would not have the effect that the death of God’s son was going to.

Odd there are still jewish practices of animal sacrifices.

The funny thing is that atheists here sort of ask all the questions. Most religious people here just want to preach and talk about themselves and have no interest in exploring alternative viewpoints.

Atheists on a religious forum - weird.
Same as commie liberal democrats on the Hannity forum - weird.
Ill never understand the agendas and I accept that.

You can pick up a dictionary if you want to catch the Athenian analogy. But dont catagorize me as the appologist.

I think you will just have to get over it. Commie and liberal are very far apart.

Ok but democrat is certainly the unifier.

No. Not even democrat. That is red scare propaganda. Democrats dont want to abolist private property, lead a worker’s revolt against the borgeioise, and establish a classless society where workers own the means of production.

Just another Christian belief that is completely incompatible with Judaism and Islam.

Ok but again, were veering off to politics, nothing to do with religion at all.
My point again, atheists on a religious forum, weird.
I understand that its unrealistic to have a religious forum where religionist come to share experience and hopefully grow spiritually.

At odds with biblical Judaism no

At odds with what man wants yes.

It is unrealistic to have an open forum and pretend it is a safe space. Unless it is designated a religious only thread or forum, expect others to join in. Want a coloring book snowflake?

1 Like

Um, Yes. It is. If human sacrifice is compatible with Judaism, show me where the bible lists the rules about it.

Another point incompatible with Judaism is the idea one man can atone for the sins of another.

God law required life for life.

Balance was Gods law
Perfect man Adam sinned. Thus the father of the human race then passed on his sinful nature.

Deuteronomy 19:You should not feel sorry: Life will be for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot

Now Jesus by remaining perfect replaced Adam and thus he would be known as the father.

Isaiah 9:6 For a child has been born to us,A son has been given to us;And the rulership will rest on his shoulder. His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace

Paul explains this simply like this.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since death came through a man, resurrection of the dead also comes through a man. 22 For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive