When Non-Jews Wield Anti-Semitism as Political Shield

Nope. Friday night is date night with wife :heart_eyes:

Then he should be doing okay. Ain’t much else to do in Wyoming.

It’s kinda like how there are so many non veterans out there telling me how I feel about those athletes taking a knee during the National Anthem.

2 things on that which make it very different.

1. is it your impression that the national anthem belongs only to Veterans? It’s the national anthem right? For all Americans? It’s not the military antham.
  2. Are they telling you how you feel? Or are they telling you how THEY feel and you just don’t agree?

Yep, the OP seems to be saying that non-Jews have no business commenting on anti-Semitism. My experience is these comments are really saying, “conservatives have no business commenting on anti-Semitism”. Comments by Liberal gentiles are fine, and leftist anti-Semitism is ignored.

Ben Shapiro points out that the anti-Semitism not just from neo-Nazis:

Ironically, some on the left have accused Shapiro, who is an Orthodox Jew, of being part of KKK or neo-Nazi groups. In fact he as received multiple death threats from people associated with these groups.

For background here is an thread on the growing problem of anti-Semitism from the left:

So clearly you didn’t read the article that is not what it’s saying at all
First- never heard of Ben Shapiro.
2nd -American Jews are around 90% democrats. There is a reason for it. Jewish values align much more closely with Dems then Repub. Republicans historical think if People knock Isreal policies then Jews won’t vote for them, forgetting that half of Isreali Jews don’t even agree with the policies, let alone American Jews.
And finally, as stated before, non Jews should absolutely speak out and have thoughts on anti semtisim. But when actual Jews tell you things like “being against Isreal policies is not anti semtisim” you should listen. Not instead make bogus claim like"Anti semtisim is a issue on the left" when a super majority of actual Jews are telling you they see it, and feel it, on the right

My observation in the earlier thread is that British Jews historically were strong supporters of the Labour Party, but today the vast majority have left it because of anti-Semitism.

The change in support started with a shift in Labour policies towards Israel in the 1980s, which coincided with rapid growth of Muslim population past that of the Jewish population in Britain. Muslims now outnumber Jews 10 to 1 in Britain, and Jewish support for Labour is into single digits and Jewish MPs are leaving Labour.

“I cannot remain in a party that I have today come to the sickening conclusion is institutionally anti-Semitic,” Labour MP Luciana Berger said at a February 18 press conference explaining her decision to leave. Berger, who is Jewish, has received a torrent of anti-Semitic abuse online over the past few years.

The demographics of the US are similar that of Britain in 1980, so it is hardly surprising that the Democratic Party and its supporters in the media are becoming more tolerant of anti-Semitism.

For example, former KKK leader David Duke, expressed support for Democrats Ilhan Omar and Tulsi Gabbard:

Duke has also expressed support for the British Labour Party. Duke’s endorsements have been ignored by the mainstream media.

I won’t pretend to understand British politics. But I will tell you jews in Britain represent less then 0.5% if the vote and 60 second on Google shows that their vote breaks down roughly the same as then general population there. That tells me that the issues that are voting on are the same issues everyone is voting on the. Not Isreal.
This is different then the us, where Jews make up about 3% of the vote, and overwhelming vote for the Dem canidate.
As for David Duke, he is a vocal and admitted Trump voter. Even in the articles you posted he didn’t “endorce” the Dem canidate, he praised the anti Jewish things one of them said.

When Duke has made comments of support about Republicans, it has been frontpage news in the mainstream media along with immediate indignation and shrill calls for the Republican to denounce Duke. When the same thing happens with Democrats, Duke is totally ignored.

For example here is a CNN article on Trump specifically denouncing Duke back in 2016:

I have found no similar denouncements of Duke from Omar. Is she is fine with his support?

Do I have to be black to know Biden is a racist?

1 Like

Well again, duke never supported Omar. He stayed that something she said he agreed with. And the entire Dem party condemned here over it. Even passed a resolution.
You still seen to be missing the point. Republicans that claim to be speaking for Jews or trying to use anti semtisim as a excuse to say racist things and support policies that are against Jewish values are the issue

Considering how well Biden is polling with African Americans and served in the 1st African Americans adminstration, I would say that you calling Biden a racist is just idiotic.
But go tell a group of Black voters that Biden is a racist and let me know their reaction

1 Like

Not what I asked you.

This GQ article is a piece of political junk starting with this untrue comment! :roll_eyes: From the get go it’s nothing by TDS lies.

** from detention camps and racist tropes.**

What you asked me is the equivalent of “how long have you beaten your wife”.
The entire premise is wrong.

Talented as the white kids.

Clean and articulate mainstream black guy.

Racist garbage.

Neither even as close to bad as say “go back to where they came from” or “good people on both sides”.

But that is whataboutism. So I’ll stick with it. Biden def has some foot in mouth disease, no doubt about it. But when looking at his 40+ years of service, what he has done as whole and what he has said as a whole, he wins the support of Black voters.
It’s why he leads among Black voters. So yes, you as as a non black person telling black people that Biden is a racist, dispite them telling you he’s not, is off the mark.

That is subjective and orangrage libberish.

It’s not whataboutism either. It was a question.

Why are you speaking for black people?

1 Like

Yes, the House passed a resolution against “hate” in general that said nothing about Omar, although it did specifically mention the KKK and other groups whose members have supported Omar’s comments.

Here is the full text:

Actually, I was calling myself out for whataboutism.

And I’m not. I telling you what they have told pollsters. But like I said, go ask and let me know what you are told.