The house select committee on Jan 6 Pt 2

Okay so would you then add to the things that Trump did that were wrong…

• pressuring elected officials to “find votes”
  • creating alternate sets of electors
  • pressuring Pence to not count the electors

etc etc.

Ooooh. It’s coming. A change in the breeze. A slight vibration in the ground. Perhaps a fire being prepared to burn a few uniforms and ID cards that could cause embarrassment down the line.

Especially because we simply have no idea who these people voted for or what they’ve supported. LOL.

2 Likes

It’s not that it’s off topic, it’s that it’s a lie.

2 Likes

Cone on Sneak, you know that in the mind of the “proggie leftists”, accused=is

The government contended that no fewer than four rental agents had stated that applications sent to the Trump offices for acceptance or rejection were coded by race. Doormen stated they were instructed to discourage African Americans seeking apartments by saying the superintendent was out. A super stated that he was instructed to send black applicants to the central office, while he was authorized to accept white applicants on the spot. Another rental agent said that Fred Trump had instructed him not to rent to African Americans. The Trumps had quoted different rental terms and conditions to African Americans and made false “no vacancy” statements to African Americans for Trump-managed apartments.

Sure.

But no worries: I will stop documenting his non-history of non-racism here because, for some reason, it’s really important not to call Donald Trump a racist, ever.

Why does he have that protected status, even with evidential support and examples? Seems weird. Do you have a special affection for him"?

He’s an old school bigot. What he said was not “racist” by definition. It was bigoted. I do not want to have to vote for Joe.

Maybe we’ll just call Trump an “old school bigot”? That cool?

Who can say?

2 Likes

These lies must be stopped.

1 Like

…1973. good job

proves nothing. same stupid trope used for past 8 years as desperate proof he’s racist.

I like how if we bring up more recent examples, they don’t count (or are forbidden?). But if we document the historical examples going back 50 years, that doesn’t count, either. Seems like a really reasonable, well-thought-out position.

This is off-topic, sure.

But during the testimony, the auto closed-captioning software had a real hard time with Pat Cipollone’s name - with some amazing results:

2 Likes

there are no more recent examples that are anything more than people’s angry bias

if you want to keep trying to proof he’s a racist why not try to find some examples of things he said that match what Biden has said

3 Likes

Pats abalone…

Its like this shack on a beach in Florida where Jimmy Buffet gets his fish tacos before hitting the sauce.

1 Like

Yes, because, likewise, every time you’ve accused a Democrat or liberal here of being a racist, you always go out of your way to be circumspect and spend a lot of time qualifying it with unsolicited concessions about—and examples of—racist Republicans and conservatives. C’mon. Even as double-standards go, that’s transparently ridiculous.

Also, if you start a thread here or make a post claiming that Biden has said or done racist things, and give actual supporting examples (as already been done on this forum, endlessly), I will not tell you to “stop” or suggest you’re a liar.

1 Like

I can’t get over “Patsy baloney.”

And “pets of belonging” sounds like a 90s college rock band.

2 Likes

Pets of Belonging has got to be the title of one of Robert Pollard’s Guided By Voices songs.

Also: Did I misremember, or during one of the early seasons of the Trump Presidency, when the show’s writers were really on fire, wasn’t there some Giuliani-related character named “Tony Baloney,” or something similar.

3 Likes

Yes! The 21st track on Bee Thousand.

2 Likes

OT: Tried to see them on the current tour. The show got rescheduled twice—and finally, I just had to give the tickets away because it was finally happening on a date that I couldn’t make.

Sad Face!

I had no idea hes still doing his thing.

1 Like

My favorite song of his…kicker of elves.

1 Like

What part of what I have said is “spin”?

Is a 100’ error the same thing when referring to the Capitol building and grounds as it is when referring to a ballot drop box?

Have you seen True the Vote’s actual data?