When Non-Jews Wield Anti-Semitism as Political Shield

No, I hear people yelling how taking a knee is an insult to veterans. Honestly, I don’t feel the least bit insulted when an athlete takes a knee.

1 Like

I certainly agree that being against the policies of Israel is not necessarily the same as being anti Semitic. I’m not sure how the GQ rule would work though.
We have had Beto openly claim that Trump is racist. Beto is white, non-Hispanic. Is he allowed to use racism in a political attack against Trump? How would that be different than the GQ rule?
Now if a non Jewish person accuses David Duke of being anti Semitic, is that allowed or does that fall under the rule that only Jews can make a claim like that? Would a non Jewish person be allowed to say that Eichman was anti Semitic?
Or is it ok to say that someone is anti Semitic if some percentage of Jews also say they are anti Semitic. If so, is there a poll regularly taken? Or is there some Jewish organization that officially makes this determination?
My guess is that it would not be difficult to find some number of Jews who would think being anti Israel was indeed anti Semitic.

1 Like

I think you missed the point of the article and/or I have failed to explain it well enough.
The point is NOT that only Jews can call someone or something anti-Semite or only a African Americans can call someone racist. We can all call a spade a spade.
But non Jews shouldn’t speak for Jews.
When Jews overwhelming say something is not anti semtic, you don’t get to tell us it really is and we just don’t know.
But more to this article, even if something WAS anti semtic, its not a excuse to go against Jewish values.
Meaning even if the “squad” was anti semtic (which I don’t think all 4 are) it’s not a excuse to then tell them “to go back to where they came from”.

So non-veterans shouldn’t speak for veterans. I’m cool with that.