What's your opinion on oversight

I’d love to see which sources you believe are acceptable.

Ah so you want over sight but ots not the type youd like so instead youd rather mock the process…

Trump already said he wasnt going to follow the rules and it seems like you dont care…because hes a Republican…

If trump does go against the law he should be removed from office.

Seeing how this Bill’s got so much support and they all know this is in there.

Oversight should have been built into the law being passed. Not report to us and after the fact we’ll decide if that’s what we had intended or not.

He essentially did a signing statement that presidents before him have done. Signed the bill but said their are parts they won’t enforce because of confict with other laws or the constituition. Bama did it, Bush before him. Clinton before him.

Should all presidents that have done signing statements that they won’t follow certain aspecdts of laws have been removed? Or just this one?

There is over sight…the Inspector general which trump is saying he will block…

Yes he wont because he wants to dole out cash to people in his family. Which we wrote into the law he cant do. Which means it’s the law.

Depends on what’s being ignored.

Trump shouldnt be using this as an excuse to grift off the american tax payer.

Clearly that’s ok with some

And what is his role? To make sure that the law is followed on who gets money. What restrictions on the money is there other than companies of certain elected officials? That’s the ONLY thing that should be reported to the IG – if an elected official has a stake in a company getting money (share holder or that. There is a certain percent ownership in the law). There are set amounts for certaain industries. Otherwise there is no guidance. So what’s the inspecter general going to be looking at. No guidance, they gave money . . okay.

Your funny. Can I borrow your crystal ball to see what size PPE mask they are going to tell me to start printing tomorrow night so I can start them in the morning.

Here you go @Plasmaball

Just ONE of Obamma’s signing statements saying he would ignore certain parts of a law.

Where were you then? Were you calling for him removal from office for ignoring law passed by congress? If not why not?

I will not treat these provisions as limiting my ability to negotiate and enter into agreements with foreign nations.

Accordingly, I will apply this provision consistent with my constitutional authority and responsibilities

I do not interpret this provision to detract from my authority to direct the heads of executive departments to supervise, control, and correct employees’ communications with the Congress in cases
where such communications would be unlawful or would reveal information that is properly privileged or otherwise confidential.

And others from the same bill.

Obamma outlined what parts of the bill he would ignore or interpret as he felt it should be.

Did you call for Obamma to be removed from office when this was signed and parts ignored by Obamma?

1 Like

I note that sections 1(b) and 1(c) of the Act contain impermissibly mandatory
language purporting to direct the Secretary of State to undertake certain diplomatic initiatives
and to report to the Congress on the progress of those initiatives. Consistent with longstanding
constitutional practice, my Administration will interpret and implement these sections in a
manner that does not interfere with my constitutional authority to conduct diplomacy and to
protect the confidentiality of diplomatic communications.

Yet another bill that Obamma said he will interpret and impliment as he saw fit.

Did I miss your call for him to be removed from office?

Medical masks are universal snow…even fave shields have adjusting sizes…( because I’ve used them)

How do you not know this?

Jesus

What does that have to do with trump giving out cash to himself unchecked?

Just admit you dont care

A quick synopsis is that if you are a small business and employ less than 500 employees, take your average monthly expense for payroll and multiply it times 2.5. That is what you’re almost automatically approved for in a SBA loan. IF…it’s determined at a later date…by some oversight source, that you used this for the sole purpose of keeping your employees paid, plus a few approved other expenses and your business remains operational when this is all over, then this loan will be forgiven? If you used it for any purpose not intended by this bill, it flips into a loan with a maximum rate of 4%.

Re-read the line about what size again. See if you can figure out what I’m talking about

You are upset about Trump doing a signing statement that he won’t adhear to part of the law past. You want him removed.

I’ve posted where Obama signed that he would ignore parts of laws and you were silent.

Hmmmmmm

Silwy wabbit…donthca know? That’s different. :sunglasses:

Yes i want him removed for violating giving his companies money…

The ■■■■■■■ horror or not accepting that type of corruption…

Clearly like everything he has done…doesnt bother you.

Hasn’t happened yet. So your asking for removal for something that hasn’t and you don’t know if will happen.

Oh a republican doesn’t have to march in lock step with the conservative branch but it gets a bit strange when a declared republican seems to march in lock step with the dems and media.

Just saying. I’m done. Have a Blessed Day.

But that is (D)ifferent.

Signing statements by both W Bush and Obama have had strong constitutional arguments in their favor. In other words, they were probably the right thing to do.

Well duh…

Then complain when that happens, NOT that he’s put a signing statement on a bill as all presidents before him have done.

1 Like