What's your opinion on oversight

There have been folks in this administration that have thought they could get away with doing anything they wanted. Steve Mnuchin isn’t a dummy. He should know that if this round is used for any stock buybacks and/or executive bonuses there will be hell to pay. But hey, he might think he can get away with it.

He might. Or it might be a fundamental attribution error - very common in political tribalism.

How do you know Congress doesn’t want their IG so they can take care of their donors?

1 Like

Somebody earlier mentioned the airlines. If we don’t help the airlines, does it do any good to help the hotels?

They have barred any business owned by certain major political leaders from any stimulus. It covers MORE than just the president. But he is the only one you ever hear mention of.

1 Like

That’s because he’s the only one saying he will ignore it.

He already got 500b to dole out to corporations of his choice. Can you say battleground states? I knew you could.

1 Like

True.

Got it. Thanks. :elephant: :us:

He was the only one mentioned before the signing statement.

Oh!

Instead of a substantive response to the OP (which it wasn’t, anyway) it was just you telling me you don’t believe I’m a Republican.

I’m reminded of the illegal immigration discussions that Republicans in general try to have with those in favor of it - usually Dems. You can’t have a discussion because you’re accused of racism from the get go. That way they don’t have to discuss the issues with you, you have to spend all your time proving you’re not a racist.

Well, GD, if you want to waste your time in every post in which you respond to me, intimating that I’m not a Republican because I don’t march in lockstep with the conservative branch of the party - it’s your time to lose.

So, do you have any opinion on the oversite issue, or did you just want me to live in your head for a bit today?

2 Likes

What congress should have done is specifed a limit to each company, what type of company would be eligible, and a lot more specifics.

Right now, it’s just open ended THEN they want a report to make sure it was done to their satisfaction.

That’s called chick ■■■■ politics. Trying to get a feel for what all the congress critters will consider “appropriate” use of the money.

They needed more time to work things out before passing the bill with all those kinds of provisions in it.

But no, it had to be done in just two days, had to be…God knows they couldn’t take one extra day to put in those common sense provisions without the media or one side or the other saying the other side was purposefully delaying the bill as Americans died…

I agree. And vote on it like they should. On the record.

Oh he is gonna abuse this like a fat kid eating cake

You had one delay and then dems not voting for a bill to pass and people cried

It looks like he made a signing statement that he thought the oversight involved Congress interfering in executive responsibilities. If the requirement was that approval by an appointee was required before the money was allocated, I would think he has a point. But if the requirement is just that details of the transactions be reported to Congress, I would think he has gone too far. Up for a court to decide who is right, though.
And I am definitely for accountability for public funds being spent, with full reporting.

Fair enough. A full reporting to the public.

This article is from Vox which is just more left leaning BS from MSM garbage.

So if it’s TRUE what do ya think

Yes they did.

So what penalty did the Dem’s include in the bill if the Trump administration doesn’t give money they way they want? Any? Will that make ■■■■ up after the fact that “that’s not what we wanted.”? Will they use this as another reason to impeach (you know, look how he spent the money we gave him with NO direction on how to do it)?