What's the point of attacking the voter?

So there is no downside in your opinion to insulting everyday citizens.?It always has a positive outcome?

Candidates wouldn’t keep doing it otherwise.

People believe the swing voters are who you want to get.

That’s false.

The push is to get more and more of your base out while depressing the turnout of your rival’s base.

Been that way at LEAST since George W. Bush now.

Please let’s get real here…you wouldn’t have voted for a Hillary no matter how kindly she thought of you.

Your whole OP ignored the fact that it didn’t start with Obama or Hillary.

D Trump accused T Cruz’s dad of being involved in the assassination of JFK. Is T Cruz’s loyalty to D Trump in any doubt?

I guess we’ll have to disagree. Candidates might be doing this because they are filled with hate and contempt for anyone who disagrees with them. It may simply be a lack of self control. Thanks for your input. :+1:

I’m the one who stated it?

:man_shrugging:

You sound like those who defend such claims as “democrat plantation”.

Politicians do it because it works.

It’s not at all like that but thanks for playing.

No? Strange.

Subtle but distinct difference.

Nuancy. Strange.

It’s one thing to say people stay in their tribes because they agree with policies and refuse to examine the good and bad…quite another to accuse them of be)no to dumb to know better and just being lured by free stuff.

Is it?

1 Like

What are you another leftist who thinks the dems are kings?
My gosh the dems have the house they get to tell everyone what to do. Seems they sang a different tune when the roles were switched.
What a bunch of cry babies.
I will say the senate showed a lot more class and didn’t act like children.

Unambiguously and unequivocally I am not a Democrat. I support one political party: the centre-left Australian Labor Party.

Here’s a question for you.

If Ginsberg dies or retires right now…will you ask Mitch McConnell not to consider any of Trump’s nominees until the people have spoken in November?

McConnell is already on record as saying he will not do the same thing this time that he did in 2016.

Absolutely not.

So thank you for admitting that McConnell’s 2016 argument was ■■■■■■■■■

It wasn’t. It was valid in 2016.

1 Like

I haven’t seen much evidence of it actually working.