What's the point of attacking the voter?

Yes. They want to make having a defined and defended border, enforcement of immigration laws, defense of the 2nd amendment, individual rather than group rights, among other beliefs, to be illegitimate beliefs. People who hold them should be shunned, not debated.
And thus Trump must not be legitimized as President, either.

2 Likes

It’s never a good idea to attack the voter, most people I assume are voting in hopes of a better way of life regardless of party. I don’t agree with Bernie Sanders on most issues but I can imagine why a 20 something would want to vote for him. No reason to berate them over it.

2 Likes

Is this why Trump does it? He thinks liberal ideas are illegitimate and he wants to shame people who hold them into silence?

I think he thinks not liking Trump is illegitimate. And that is a trait of his I dislike. But as I have said, policy comes first.

So when Trump does it it’s a distasteful personality trait that can be easily overlooked, no harm done, and when liberals do it it’s an attack on core conservative beliefs, designed to shun and belittle people and shame them into silence. Got it.

1 Like

That fell over and could have potentially killed someone.

a) “Put to the lie” is an idiom that means an assertion is false or incorrect. It does not mean the person who stated the assertion is being called a liar.

b) Ronald Reagan used welfare queen and he characterized it with the made up story about the Chicago person who was supposedly on welfare but wore furs and drove a Cadillac. I stated this earlier.

And the conservative media used the other terms to attack liberal voters pretty much since conservative media became a big thing.

So your assertion in the OP the this “began with Obama” is incorrect.

It’s been going on a long time…probably from the beginning.

Since you are the one who stated it, no doubt you got it.

Yep. People do get killed in construction accidents. A strange things for liberals to be taking joy in.

And if there is a dereliction of duty then those responsible should be held to account for that dereliction of duty. I presume you were speaking in generalities rather than specifically to me?

I’m talking about those who seem to have joy in damage done by a windstorm.

Which presumably does not include me?

Am I correct in my presumption that you are not gloating over a simple construction accident caused by a windstorm? If I am, then that does not include you.

Coming from a blue collar background I am appalled that shoddy work potential placed tradies (and others) at a risk of serious injury or death.

I would also contend that it is NOT a simple construction accident.

You are correct.

1 Like

Everything you said here can be reversed because our politics is pretty much tribalism now.

The problem is that you didn’t hear that. You wanted to hear that but you did not. I didn’t complain about anything. I simply asked a question. What is to gain by attacking the voter. A question that still remains unanswered.

1 Like

What is to be gained by attacking the voter?

To ensure tribal loyalty.

It’s why it’s been going on forever…it’s simply being magnified now…especially since the tribes can pick and choose what media they consume so they can make inaccurate statements like “it probably started during the Obama Administration”.

:sunglasses:

Maybe. But it also eliminates totally the possibility of winning over any of the people who have been insulted. So does it help? Or does it hurt? I don’t think that it helped Hillary at all. It’s a calculated risk.

Please…she was never going to win over any of the people she insulted…just like Trump will not.

It’s not a risk at all.