#whatdotheywant

There are numerous philosophies in Western culture. Your OP mentioned one of them, derived from Karl Marx. Again, I think you’re using these terms incorrectly.

it is not a doctoral thesis but in the context of blm it does not need to be. I laid out several tenets of our governance in the op.

Tolerance, inclusion #the melting pot, dissent, representation, due process, property rights, bearing arms, freedom of assembly, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech, to name but a few obvious pillars of our culture. Freedom of speech assumes freedom of thought.

I don’t see how these protests are antithetical to any of those principles.

1 Like

do you believe this?
https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

I remember when Bill O’Reilly let this beauty slip…“White Christian male power structure”

1 Like

No. BLM is an attack on the way the police in general engage with black Americans vs white Americans.

so you think that that is it, nothing broader. Nice to know that you do not believe that our culture is oppressive or racist.

In general I don’t think our contemporary culture is oppressive or racist, but its in the history of our culture, still exists in some subcultures, and still influences many traditionally black neighborhoods that resulted from white flight and red lining.

Is it the civil war history you refer to? was it the formation of the Union? was it serfdom and vagrancy laws that forced migration and servitude, was it native Americans captured by rival tribes that were sold as slaves, or is it just black slaves that bothers you?

1 Like

We’re talking about black people, so I’m not sure why you brought up native Americans.

It’s black slavery, Jim Crows laws, segregation, red lining, racist policies, etc… everything that led to black people in general being disadvantaged when compared to white people.

I bring it up because Jim crow laws impacted all Republicans, the poor whites and blacks. I bring it up because slavery always existed in the world and in America. native Americans had slaves. The caste system in the world were tied to slavery so no culture or ethnicity was spared from slavery.
Jews were victims of genocide but need no special help. So why are blacks targeted as people beyond redemption that are incapable of being equal?

1 Like

How did Jim Crow laws affect poor whites and all Republicans?

Slavery, as mentioned earlier, isn’t the only thing that has contributed to the modern black American experience. Its more all the racist ■■■■ that happened in the 20th century.

until 1964 Blacks voted for the party of Lincoln. In 1964 they voted 94% Johnson.
the poor whites in the south were also republican supporters while the democrat party was the party of the landed gentry. The Jim crow laws impacted all poor people, blacks and whites.
Jews, Chinese, japs, Vietnamese, Hispanics, and others have all faced obstacles, especially women. SO please lay some blame on they black community unless you thing they are incapable on their own like everyone else.

1 Like

Jews need no special help?

What do you think 1948 was all about?

And all the aid given them since?

And they got this aid without question.

Are you saying that Blacks are lesser than Jews and therefore need help? That sounds so racist.

It sounds very racist to say that only blacks need help and all other people do not.

Um I feel like you may be confused on the concept of Jim Crow laws.

3 Likes

I may be confused but then again you may have simply made assumptions about post reconstruction America.

Did you even read what I wrote?

I read that post, but I am talking about Jews in America not in Israel.