What would you do to protect your stuff?

Come to think of it, if the smokes had been sitting by themselves on a sawhorse or something it wouldn’t have been that big a deal, but he went into my stuff, my tools, my livelihood.

3 Likes

Now just imagine it was some of your tools instead of a smoke.

3 Likes

Exactly, that’s why I kinda lost it.

Which is why “stuff” isn’t created equal and violating someone else’s domain to take their “stuff” is a foolish act.

The op said they were fleeing.

I posted that way back in 2018.

That is how I deal with trespassers. Just the very act of trespassing is an appropriation of private property rights.

If I saw somebody actually after my stuff, I would have zero hesitation in ventilating them.

2 Likes

That’d sure to cause your neighbors some problems. :grinning:

Lol shatter every window in the neighborhood.

Neighbors would be HOT.

I think most of us can relate to that.
Same reason I’d have a cow if someone took my electronics.

1 Like

Not to mention the hole through every house between yours and the outskirts of town. :wink:

1 Like

This is nothing like what your title suggested.

1 Like

One of the more mindless hits of 2020.

You shoot, you’re a criminal (too).

Depends on the state. Also, the smart gun owner has Carry Guard or some other insurance.

Are they still in my house?

The people who say that they would shoot usually forget this fact, i.e., saying “to charge a person this would be soft on crime” when that may indeed be a crime in theur jurisdiction.

Can’t get’em all, I guess.

Many of our friends here post from the Great State of Texas, where you can blast away at a fleeing burglar. But again, the smart gun owner carries insurance.

No one’s perfect.

1 Like

If I do end up killing the thief, it would be the result of escalation. Like how no one is legally shot for possessing marijuana but are legally shot fir violently resisting arrest.

But if they’re already a distance away from me, then I do not shoot. It should qualify as manslaughter or murder.

“…woe to him who creeps through the serpent windings of utilitarianism to discover some advantage that may discharge him from the justice of punishment…” — Immanuel Kant