What would you do to protect your stuff?

In some place the ammo probably does not matter.
I used to live in the country. No one is down range from you there.
I lived in Phoenix AZ. Homes are made of brick and block there.

But here and on Long Island, homes are very close together and walls won’t stop a bullet. If you’re in a situation there, best not to act too quickly. Breathe, and be very deliberate with your shot.

Don’t test that theory.

As if I haven’t already. :rofl:

1 Like

The reason I posted that (about financial information on my electronics) is because of sentiments like these:

Those are correct sentiments in most cases.

In my case, a thief running down the street with my computer is absolutely no different than a thief still entering my house. The theft is about to happen. The theft occurs with what he does after he has my computer. No different than if he is still in my house still reaching for my wallet on the night stand.

The theft has not yet taken place. It is about to happen. Shooting him is preventing theft, not and act of revenge. Shooting him is the right thing to do.

1 Like

“Dead men can’t talk.”

Much depends on where you live. Several years ago up here in Palmer Alaska (a small town just north of Anchorage) a Preacher who lived next door to his church had experienced several break-ins at the church. So he staked out and waited in the dark for their return.

True to form, they did. When he confronted them, they tried to exit the window where they had come in. He shot one of them before he could get through the window, and the other one as he was running away from the church. Both died. The preacher was indicted for two counts of 2nd degree murder. But the jury of his peers (most of whom were aware of the rash of break-ins these two guys had committed over the previous months) found him not guilty on both counts. Justice was served.

4 Likes

Yep. Probably dark out too.

1 Like

Except if it is an innocent unborn child. Then most leftist defend the killing.

3 Likes

Okay now that’s weird.
I googled Palmer, AK.
I found it.
I clicked on map,
I zoomed out.
HEY! Neat!

Weird? Why?

Did you try it?
It twists.

Added:
Oh I see all locations twist when you zoom out now.Just Alaska twists sooner

A preacher shooting intruders. Damn.

Extruders

^^^ I’ll have some of what he’s smoking. :wink:

1 Like

Mines a .44 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (not a snubby)
Appendix carry and as long as I don’t stretch my back it’s not really noticeable.

I also carry a 9mm when whether dictates lighter clothing.

1 Like

You and Dirty Harry. :wink:

1 Like

Hell, if I could I’d bring “Ol Brutus” with me! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Working on a roof and I saw a painter go into my tools and steal a cigarette. Just a cigarette, that’s all, no big deal right? I climbed down to the ground and got in his face in a big way, even going so far as to kick the ■■■■■■■ stupid stick holding up the little door on his truck cap. He said “It’s just a cigarette man”, at which I yelled in his face YOU STOLE FROM ME ■■■■■■■■■! I really wanted him to take a swing at me but I guess my righteous and loud indignation frightened him or something. I was ready willing and able to resort to violence over his transgression. I couldn’t care less about a damn cigarette.

It’s not about the stuff, it’s the violation of my person.

6 Likes

And to think, all he had to do was ask. I’m guessing you would have told him to go to the tool box and get one.
Mutual respect. Goes a long way and a place to build on.