What would you do to protect your stuff?

If I do end up killing the thief, it would be the result of escalation. Like how no one is legally shot for possessing marijuana but are legally shot fir violently resisting arrest.

But if they’re already a distance away from me, then I do not shoot. It should qualify as manslaughter or murder.

“…woe to him who creeps through the serpent windings of utilitarianism to discover some advantage that may discharge him from the justice of punishment…” — Immanuel Kant

This is just libertarian redefinition. No appropriation occurs unless a thing is actually taken.

You remind me of feminists who tell me that catcalling is sexual assault.

Those two Mormons actually found out something quite different.

And anybody else who trespasses on my property will find out similarly.

Saf…you know well enough that your justness in shooing the Mormons away—I think I might have agreed with it, but I cannot remember—doesn’t have any bearing on whether trespass is ontologically equivalent to appropriation. No need to resort to silly metaphysics to make what is otherwise a good point.

Catcalling doesn’t harm anything but feelings.

Not necessarily … Are there any witnesses? :wink:

The preacher did. :wink:

Texas may be deep red, but there are still a lot of whinny libs living there too. It’s always a good idea to have insurance when there are libs about. :wink:

And white collar crimes don’t cut, bruise, or otherwise touch your body.

Your use of “financial violence” also reminds me of leftists who speak of “economic violence”.

I’m smiling, but I knoe I shouldn’t be.

1 Like

And yet I’ll bet you support all the rioting, burning and looting done by people who were not cut, bruised or otherwise touched by the murder of someone else don’t you?

1 Like

There is hope for you yet. :wink:

Here is how stuff is protected in Polk County, FL.

Florida police chief issues warning to criminals after homeowner shoots burglars: ‘Most people are armed’

3 Likes

16,000 (+~) yards away too!

Ya see, that’s what I was saying.

That would be totally impractical in my neighborhood.

The wrong end of a 1911 looks just as big to those unlucky enough to be on it.

3 Likes

Yep. It depends what you mean by “stuff”. If we are talking about an old tv that is covered under insurance I’m not going to shoot. If he is somehow making off with gold bars that I have worked my whole life for and are necessary for my retirement years, he is out of luck.
The word “stuff” implies it isnt that much.
I’m not going to judge where another person draws a line with a thief.
I don’t want thieves to know ahead of time where the line will be drawn.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-police-chief-issues-warning-criminals-homeowner-shoots-burglars-most-people-armed

3 Likes

That’s true, but the man who answered “because they don’t make a .46” when asked “why do you carry a .45?” was not being entirely truthful.

The .45 is the little one on the right. :wink:

Hand howitzers…