What would YOU do to protect YOUR Home or Business from Rioters & Looters?

Not really sure what the point of this thread is. I’m not worried about rioters or looters breaking into my house. I live in a black-and-white neighborhood in New Orleans–predominately black. I often don’t lock my house. And I don’t brag about weapons.

Very impressive if you’re afraid for your life.

I wouldn’t know, I’ve never seen one of those before.

1 Like

I haven’t seen much of anything. As a kid I found my father’s pistol in his dresser drawer. He was a military officer in World War II. An orthopedic surgeon in England putting pieces of wounded soldiers together. My mother’s first husband was killed over the Pacific in World War II. She also became an orthopedic surgeon. We do not have fond memories of warfare or weapons in our family tradition or brag about weaponry.

No worries, guns aren’t for everyone.

Those bastards are expensive and really cool.

Really? I just thought it was cool looking. And given the angry mob coming at you situation painted in the OP, it would probably prove pretty effective as a deterrent. I’ve shot one before, but don’t own one myself. Be a lot cooler if I did.

I like .22lr the best.

2 Likes

There will never be an angry mob coming in my direction, save for the collapse of civilization, in which case we’re all ■■■■■■■

Not terribly. You can get that one with the mag for around $600. A good duck gun will run you $1500 or better.

Not if you’ve got the right protection. Defend yourself and build back better.

Defend myself from what? Build what back?

A friend of mine brought over a suppressed .22 pistol. It was like shooting a Nintendo gun.

Nothing, don’t worry about it. This wasn’t meant for you.

1 Like

I’d love to have a rifle like that some time. I’d be interested to see how it would perform at 100 meters.

20201119_203955

2 Likes

3yjbkq

1 Like

He also had a suppressed .30-06. That was nice too. Made a soft paaa-tooo sound.

The only bad thing with the .22 was that you couldn’t see through the sites over the suppressor. Took a few shots to dial it in by feel, but the elongated barrel made it really accurate after you found your point shoot sites.

What about the triggered snowflakes?