What Will the Consequenses Be With No Police?

Martin could have kept walking too.

1 Like

He did.

no, he did not. he turned around approached Zimmerman and assaulted him.

1 Like

If Zimmerman had been following me as long as he was following Martin, I would have too.

I believe Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin!

Make every police force of more than 25 officers get accreditation within the next 3 years. Part of that accreditation is accountability. If the leadership of that department do not take an active role in policing it’s own officers, and there is an officer that has more than X violations and is not fired or suspended pending re training etc. The police department loses funding.

One local department in my state says that it has full time social workers to handle domestic calls of spousal or family abuse, drug issues and family problems, with the support of the officer instead of the officer trying to defuse a family situation. I for one thing this is a fantastic idea and more departments should have that option available on each shift at each precinct or station, so they can respond to calls with the police officers. Just a thought.

I think it would be a horrible thing for the council in Minneapolis to disband the police department…without even working toward getting itself set up for a series of standards that they could be accredited on, such as the ideals and standards talked about in the link above.

schools, hospitals and health care agencies have to be accredited…why not police. Two major metro police depts are accredited. Chicago and Atlanta. New York, LA, Minneapolis, Buffalo, and many more are not. WHY?

then you would have been guilty of assault.

So?

:roll_eyes:

yeah, that’s how we describe shooting someone who is actively assaulting you

2 Likes

yes we know… lefties: Assault=no big deal

1 Like

Actually it would be aggravated assault and compared to murder, no it really isn’t.

Not to rehash the whole thing. Once George Zimmerman was told by the police to stand down , it should have been over. He continued following him and confronted him with a weapon. I would have defended myself from George Zimmerman as well.

If Martin had been armed, it would have been illegally since he was 17 at the time.

1 Like

false. he was assaulted and martin was attempting to take the weapon

1 Like

Sounds like an infringement to me… shrug

BLM and Leftists: “You cops just want to kill us!”

Cops: “If we wanted you dead, we would simply stop patrolling your neighborhoods.”

1 Like

He should have been back at his truck. But we digress.

Posted this in another thread, but it needs to be addressed. This is not getting rid of police but changing their role. This is just bad messaging and I really thing this can help address this. This is a real opportunity to fix many of the issues and here was my thoughts.

I am for shifting funding from police to community projects. For years, defunding in these areas led to increase in crime, which was responded with increase and militarizing of police. If we want to actually get to the root of the problem, this includes investment in community. Not sure if that needs to come from police, but people aren’t getting the second half of these calls to “defund the police” The goal isn’t to handicap police, but to limit police to only responding to specific types of crime. There isn’t a reason police should be called for things like a wellness check. I think the hashtag doesn’t do the movement justice because it isn’t removing police, but changing how the community polices itself.

1 Like

not anymore

Minneapolis city council seeks to disband the police entirely. Every pol who has responded to the call is being told “its not enough”.

1 Like

Disbanding a local police force does not mean no police for the city.
I have to keep pointing this out. NO one (Or next to no one) is saying there should be a city with no police.
Camden NJ did this in 2012. Disbanded the 140 year old city police. Crime has dropped.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

This is what is being asked. You can disagree or agree with it -but lets stop pretending the demands are to have no law enforcement.