What Will the Consequenses Be With No Police?

The bill they are passing doesn’t immediately do that. There will be police, but they are also creating subdivisions. Its like how the army has people with guns, but also funds projects talk with locals. You can’t ask police to be de-escalators while also being trained for escalated situations. Instead, this bill sets forth the path to develop other new organizations which emphasis de-escalation solutions, but this idea that the police wont exist is a flat out lie that they are pushing. Its a rebranding, the police has to be defunded legally to create a new one with these ideals.

Also, a lot of this is legal stuff. It is easier to disband and recreate than it is to pass bills and get to the same spot. This also allows for the development of new divisions designed specifically for situations like wellness checks. The fact we send someone with a gun there, is an escalation itself. The messaging is wrong and dangerous, because this is the right way to go. Nobody is advocating for no police, that is wrong. This realizes that police cannot balance between de-escalation but being trained for escalated situations. So this would allow the city to address the de-escalation with division specifically trained for that. Police will be there for situations where they need to be.

Who knows, maybe this ex-officer will be hired back. The gun of the victim wasn’t loaded.

no it doesn’t

TBH I don’t know how to deal with suicidal people. I will let the experts choose. That is so unique of a situation. I know that suicide by cop has been on the rise, but maybe sending someone without a cop uniform with concealed carry may work for knives. If they have a gun, that is a police situation. But I admit my ignorance on something like that. Let researchers who study these things choose i guess.

The officer had training to deal with suicidal people from his time in the military. He was trying to do the right thing when two other cops arrived and proceeded to promptly kill the man. Then he was fired for his trouble. If that right there doesn’t indicate a systemic problem, I don’t know what will.

1 Like

Very true.

As long as we have politicians, they will enact stupid laws. Laws like not being able to sell individual cigarettes. Then those same politicians will demand the police get involved enforcing their stupid laws. Then when someone like Eric Garner dies, the same politicians that enacted the stupid laws to begin with, and demanded the police enforce them, will suddenly place the blame on the police for his death.

3 Likes

Which is why I am saying this has to be the time that we fix this. We got one shot. And, as much as defund the police slogan is ridiculous, the actual reform it proposes is revolutionary. Cops will be here, communities will benefit. We can’t let that message get lost or this will happen again.

There are way too many laws. That’s part of the problem.

2 Likes

Spot on.

Goal post move: Achieved

And subject to be shot by your victim.

So do we follow police directives or not?

Who also carry guns.

We have a right to commit suicide.

“The Police” did not tell Zimmerman to “stand down”. It was a dispatcher, who is a civilian and has no authority to tell anyone what to do.

"During Zimmerman’s call to 911, the dispatcher asked him if he was following the teen. When Zimmerman replied that he was, the dispatcher said, “We don’t need you to do that.”

Hear him! Hear me!

10 lines on a stone tablet!

Police are civilians.

I know. Bad choice of words.

Non sworn,

1 Like