What will happen next with the black vote?

But Democrats!

You’re asking too much.

2 Likes

The GOP strategy for attracting the black vote is to insult them: “You’ve all been duped for 50 years you idiots, take some responsibility for once in your lives!”

2 Likes

And that is somehow worse that having no job, murder rates sky rocketing, police evacuating the area and neighborhoods boarded up? Really? That’s absurd.

Oh, and who are you paraphrasing. Because I think it’s bull ■■■■

I don’t think so. I think you just made that up. They should look at what the democrats have done to their neighborhoods. It’s immoral and cruel.

Why don’t you?

Maybe I’ll ask my black future son in law his opinion. Would that count?

What you see on Fox News every night isnt reflective of the African American community across the US. I am white and am a minority in my neighborhood. I suggest you actually visit a predominantly black neighborhood and talk to people.

Maybe I’ll ask my black future son in law his opinion. Would that count?

I live in a predominantly black neighborhood.

Interest convergence is racist.

Congratulations. I live in a mostly Indian, Asian, Black, White and mixed neighborhood. Is this a contest of some kind?

How am I being misinformed? And how would me being more informed reduce the huge spike in crime that crazy assed liberals have created? Liberal policies created this. Not Altair.

Mod Note

We aren’t going to paraphrase our words into other people’s posts even with an explanation and quotation marks. You don’t get to reconstruct somebody else’s post. Edit it and make your argument, not theirs please.

And here I was trying to have a serious discussion about what the GOP should do to pull voters from Democrats.

Oh well.

Agreed, It’s double failure. The GOP never says anything right and the DNC never does anything right. But at least with GOP policies crime is down and employment is up.

As am I. Ask BLM.

BLM isn’t the GOP.

This is about what the GOP should do.

Can we stay on topic?

Interest convergence as espoused by Derrick Bell is part of the core teachings of BLM and the pols who support them.

The GOP can’t do it alone. It takes both sides.

We are speaking of the GOP not BLM.

The OP is predicting a shift of African Americans away from Democrats.

I am trying to discuss that.

Please let us remain on topic.

1 Like

The leadership of the black community will have to accept the overtures as presented by the GOP. Black politicians protecting their own power will call it what it is. It has to be part and parcel of how the GOP presents whatever it would present.

Nobody is going to believe the GOP did anything positive for black people out of altruism.

The response is already in place and ready.

Black pols would likely vote against it precisely for that reason.

Which policies specific to the GOP do you think would appeal to more African American voters?

I will give the President kudos for criminal sentencing reform.

I think that philosophically the party is shooting itself in the foot by continuing work to limit the vote of former felons in Florida. Heck… even the Koch’s were for voting rights for felons.

It seems like there is a diminishing population of people who support that.

In my opinion it is actions like this that is serving to distance the GOP from the very voters that they could be wooing.