What will be the result in these major inner cities five years from now?

I cannot find anything about YUPPIES moving into Newark. Hoboken is number one. Also Newark is consistently ranked amongst the highest for crime:

There’s absolutely no way I would consider moving to Newark to live and especially not to raise a family.

The linked article is several years old, things change quickly.

Hoboken and Jersey City were considered terrible places not so long ago.

Either to suburbs or rural areas and by moving trucks.

It’s been done before.

If everybody moves to the suburbs, what do the suburbs become?

Moving trucks cost money.

WHAT WILL BE THE RESULT IN THESE CITIES?

beatles 3

:heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

What else?

Next question.

Suburbs become bigger suburbs. New suburbs are born.

Example:

Personally I can’t find any evidence that Millennial’s are moving into Newark. On the contrary I found this:

“However, the study did reveal a significant difference in Millennial out-migration among college-age adults 18-22 years old. That subgroup leaving the state more than doubled between 2004 and 2016, up to 11.6 percent.” Millennials Are Still Leaving New Jersey, Study Finds | Jersey Digs

What source do you have to substantiate your claim?

Firsthand knowledge of construction projects in the city.

For starters look up the Hahne & Co Redevelopment project.

“Born to run”

The results are so bad that many are almost bankrupt. They’re receiving benefits they’ve not paid for. Once those benefits halt or taxes go up to pay for them, then maybe you’ll see this mass exodus. Take California for example…

I’m not following?

Baltimore’s case is a matter of public health.

https://medium.com/@BmoreDoc/baltimores-ongoing-lead-poisoning-crisis-b53870c4a142

More segregation, since now I am full time work from home we have decided to move further away from the suburbs currently we live in since it is still considered part of the city and we have pay the same high taxes as someone downtown. We are going to move outside the county, not only are there less crime and better schools but I will save a butt load in taxes and only be a few extra miles further out for shopping, food, and hospitals.

It looks like the stay at home work thing is only going to grow everyone on my floor, nearly 100 are getting the option to stay at home and work and they are talking about making it mandatory at the end of the year as they are thinking of trying to sell their building. I saw and article were the number one house searches on Zillow now are suburbs and rural areas, which I don’t recall rural areas ever being in the top search for house searches. But why not I will be able to sell my house for a nice sum and buy a home 10 miles further away at half the price but double the size at the same time see my tax rate go down tremendously especially property taxes which the school board has been hammering us over the last few years, even during the coronavirus they raised us 8% and they only supposed to raise it 4%.

The was a mass exodus already in the above-mentioned Detroit after the manufacturing jobs left.

By contrast, cities like Seattle, NYC, San Francisco have experienced massive growth and prosperity. Look at the real estate and population trends over the last few decades.

They will have to send Snake :snake: Plisskin in for real

Personally, I think the answer is for police to prioritise citizens (who can’t afford their own protection and private eyes) over politicians (who can afford to hire there own protection and crime solvers).

Put all police time and energy into protecting the common man. Ignore the politicians completely.

Neither link is specific to the city. In fact the NY article is about NY state not NYC.

1 Like

Yeah…they’re leaving everywhere else in the state…cept NYC…amirite? :sunglasses:

It took 65 years for 63.24% of the population to leave. 1% per year, for 65 years. Must not have been enough moving trucks available. :man_shrugging: