What to do with the "savings" from A-stan

To “protect” the inauguration of the ■■■■■■■ at the center of the Afghanistan debacle.
LOL

Hmm…what event happened a few weeks prior to that?

1 Like

Social programs.

I was thinking raise pay and benefits for soldiers and veterans. Since it is money allotted for military purposes.

its wouldn’t be my 1st choice on how to spend the money but I’ll take it over spending that money on infrastructure in another country that we may or may not blow up ourselves.

It doesn’t have to be homeless. We could use that money to do any number of things. It could be used to build the infrastructure we need here that we don’t have to run on China. A fund to rebuild industries in areas like West Virginia. Factories. I don’t care.

The point is that we have a lot of expensive problems here that we don’t have the money to fix. I would much rather spend that money fixing those things than the things we broke in other countries

We have the best fighting force in the world but we’re horrible at the rest of it and 20 years is enough

I wouldn’t object to that

I would much rather spend the money on that

How about we spend that money on rebuilding the VA? Would that be acceptable?

1 Like

But if we were to put that money into the homeless problem beside social programs what I think would work better than buying them all houses would be a subsidy/incentive that makes low income housing profitable for developers. Construction jobs are good jobs right? It doesn’t matter what kind of building is going up. And that way we’re not giving away free homes to freeloaders that don’t want to work

Whatever you want. Is the VA that broken?

What kind of social programs?

Like what?

There’s going to be a RIF. More people looking for work.

No we don"t.

Well, somebody came along and said:

I’m down with that.

Hmmm…interesting. in your opinion, who has the best?

Okay, I was always under the impression that our soldiers were top notch and that the leadership sucked.

Semantics? I said the best in the world but man on man we aren’t the best?

Or are there armies out there that would make us silly no matter what? Who is the best?

I haven’t done the job so my questions are genuine. I easily could of bought into some of the “we are the best” rhetoric.

Taliban right now.

1 Like

Okay I see it. They outlasted and drove out 2 different superpowers. They rule in strategy even if they lose in number of casualties.