What should be the new normal?

Nope. It’s already started and not in the GOP.

Not bad if excellent means bumper sticker sloganeering.

We are the world.

Which president is comparable to Trump? Don’t tell me Bill Clinton. Back in 1992, there was still some deniability of his affairs. But more importantly, he was’t a complete blowhard like Trump, who would rather climb a tree to lie than tell the truth from the ground.

Sure they have, and especially in retrospect. They don’t have to be perfect but they should have qualities we can aspire to.

Yeah, if you’re going to have that kind of attitude, you might as well dismiss the whole idea of a role model.

Repealing two government regulations for every new one enacted.

There’s this. And 20 other things we thought could never happen.

The norm before Trump was still frought with problems even with the improvements in economic conditions and smaller improvements in healthcare. We ignored the threat of far right domestic terror groups since 9/11. This thread is mostly for those who mistakenly think all we need to do is go back to before trump.

How very non specific. Repeal regulations on asbestos for food inspections and safety regulations? Its a terrible idea.

I long for a return to civility.

You might be. I’m not.

images

Asylum!

Wrong. Eisenhower was a great role model.

Kathleen Helen Summersby

If you have a point, make it. Otherwise this is not adding to the discussion.

Sadly, it’s getting to the point where actual discussion here is becoming the exception rather than the rule. I guess it’s hard to have real discussion in an age where everything is ran on bumper sticker slogans.

2 Likes

Are you under the impression I answer to you?

With some here, you are absolutely correct. It’s a shame really what the age of Trump has brought.

1 Like

“One of, if not the most, powerful international issue lobby is that of the pro-Israel crowd. Well-financed and politically powerful, the pro-Israel lobby is a major force on American foreign affairs that looks to continue America’s military and fiscal support of the Jewish nation-state.”

most of the lobby money goes to dems, so its easy to see why Pelosi is upset at Omar for revealing a deep secret. some dem policitians take a lot of $$$ from these lobbyists.

Allan

Slept with Ike. Your point?

Allan

Never paid hush money.

Allan