What news media do you consume?

i thought it was obvious in the first post i made

you spent the first hour chasing me trying to corner me into saying some hackass clickbait news outlet you could ridicule

nice try.

All of ‘em!

“true” journalism isnt leftist, but truth seeking.

as it is nowadays it wholly is hard leftist.

journalism is now is an extension of politics. not far removed.

it’s a ■■■■■■■ shame

1 Like

Correcting your post … Politifact is owned by the Poynter Institute for Media Studies, a highly respected news media ombudsman organization. Politifact hasn’t been owned by the Tampa Bay Times since 2018.

Here’s their ownership statement from their website.

PolitiFact is owned by the nonprofit Poynter Institute for Media Studies. PolitiFact had been owned by the Tampa Bay Times , but in 2018 direct ownership of PolitiFact was transferred from the Times to Poynter, which is the newspaper’s parent company. The move allows PolitiFact to function fully as not-for-profit national news organization.

The ties between the Poynter Institute and the Tampa Bay Times go back decades. The longtime owner of the Times was Nelson Poynter, whose father had bought the newspaper in 1912. Poynter championed independent journalism and wanted to ensure that the newspaper remain locally owned and protected from chain ownership. So upon his death in 1978, he left the newspaper not to his heirs, but to the school for journalists that now bears his name.

Nelson Poynter was also the founder of Congressional Quarterly, a news organization covering Congress in Washington, D.C., that the Poynter Institute owned until 2009. PolitiFact now continues the Poynter Institute’s historical connection to Washington-based political journalism.

Control of both the the Poynter Institute and the Tampa Bay Times lies with a single executive. Upon retirement, that leader picks a successor. Poynter himself picked Eugene Patterson, who picked Andrew Barnes, who picked the Times ’ current chairman and CEO, Paul Tash, a lifelong journalist.

:rofl:

This is you projecting.

If you had answered this post:

With this:

…you would have saved us both a lot of time.

since allll the way back to 2018 wow… lol umkay

new owners are right down the middle i’m sure.

at least you eventually figured it out

Your first statement actually describes what organizations like NBC, the New York Times and Washington Post are doing now … truth-seeking. Think about all the information about the things happening in the Trump admin. that have come out in news reports. They haven’t been lies – unless you talk about the outlandish right-wing conspiracy theories floated by Fox News and Drudge (Pizzagate, Seth Rich for example).

Journalism is not an extension of politics nor is it leftist. Just because Donald Trump and critics say it is over and over doesn’t make it so. Reporters don’t sit and plot things. Believe me … when you’re on deadlinie you don’t have time. You write to get things factual. And if you don’t, it can cost you your job.

Politifact was a trusted source before the change. Honestly, I wasn’t aware of the sale until just now. That doesn’t change my opinion.

C-SPAN is a good choice. But if you don’t watch other media, where does your idea that the media is leftist come from? Certainly not from C-SPAN.

I think it’s important not to consume any news media, and instead form my own opinions about reality based on using my own eyes, talking to friends and family, and reading whatever comes across my social media feed. Too many news media outlets are trying to shape my opinions based on what they believe are the facts. That’s bull. There are facts and there are alternative facts.

2 Likes

■■■■■■■■ to your ■■■■■■■■ - i listen to NPR on a daily basis and their news reports give more than one point of view. In addition they spend far longer on a news story than either CNN or Fox.

When the Iraq war was at its height, NPR had a regular report on those who had fallen in Iraq and Afghanistan. They went into detail not only their military service but talking to friends and family about the type of person they were.

I dont recall Hannity, Levin, Beck doing anything like that.

Why would NPR do this if they were hardcore leftists who hate the military?

nyt and especially wapo (gawd) are hardly truth seeking

they are engaged in a mission to destroy trump. period.

their bias is not just apparent to “rightwing” sources. it is objectively leftist, without pretense. they are outright teaching this now. they think they are on a mission from god (the ones who believe) to shape politics to their liking. they are overwhelmingly leftists. polls show this. former journalists admit to it. current ones are caught on video engaged in it

snap out of it

2 Likes

You do realize that NPR is a Fed Paid organization, right?

2 Likes

there are no “alternative facts”. there’s only what’s happening or “actual facts”

this “alternative fact” is a good example of media narrative over what conway said in response to what idiots like CNN said were “facts” but weren’t.

Tell that to Kellyanne Conway. I agree with her on what Alternative Facts are.

1. List item

again, this “if you dont watch them how do you know?” narrative is tiring

it is possible to watch these idiots and see what they are about. that doesnt mean i get my info from them

poor choice of words on her part.

she should have said “actual facts”

Snap out of what? Having been in newspapers, I know how they work. And it’s not like you think. They aren’t out to destroy Trump. You’ve apparently missed – or ignored – what Trump has been reported doing. These aren’t fairy tales and they must be reported and reported accurately and fairly, which is what they’re doing, whether you think so or not. Trump may be the first president impeached for asking a foreign power to interfere in our elections. I know a lot of Republicans don’t agree or believe that but that’s what he’s facing. This is far far more serious than just asking for Hillary’s emails. It’s against the law.

And what “former journalists” admit to “this”, as you state? Name them…

I’m not the one who needs to snap out of it, sir.