What is your favorite hero dies movie?

Spike Spiegel’s death in the final episode of Cowboy Bebop was a powerful one if you like anime.

“Bang.”

1 Like

I can’t believe Braveheart isn’t getting more love in this thread. I thought you people loved freedom?

1 Like

For me the movie deviated way too far from actual reality to be that enjoyable.

1 Like

Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday in Tombstone.

2 Likes

Dude no joke I had a regular customer a few years who looked just like that guy except that he had a beard.

1 Like

Old Yeller.

Mine was interesting in that the hero “died” twice (although the first time, as it turns out, he was only thought dead).

Captain Kirk in Star Trek Generations.

I guess it could be argued that Kirk also died in Star Trek: Into Darkness, although that was a separate timeline.

Then William Shatner wrote a series of novels where Kirk didn’t even die at the end of Generations…lol.

In the Star Trek Universe, does anyone really die?

2 Likes

Here’s another of mine:

Learned as a kid in the 70’s, when I was learning to play piano, the very sad theme song, “Hands of Time.”

Found this on You Tube about a week ago:

Now, while not a fan of graphic sex scenes in various books and films, it’s ridiculous to have to censor the name of a part of the male anatomy—especially when that’s where the germ cell tumor that killed Mr. Piccolo started.

The film was remade in 2001. I’d like to see the later version:

1 Like

Dr. Strangelove.

1 Like

Here’s a scene from another oldie, this one based on the life of Coach John Baker:

The school where he taught in Albuquerque, Aspen Elementary, received a unanimous vote to rename it John Baker Elementary School following his death.

The book by the late William Buchanan was a sad, but excellent read, & Coach John Haaland, played by Ed Begley, Jr., was a very nice man (friends on social media).

Robert Mitchum in Out of the Past

Time travel fixes all inconsistencies.

Bruce Willis ----- Twelve Monkeys

1 Like

This is Spinal Tap - The drummer spontaneously combusts…

For the kiddies- Charlotte in Charlotte’s Web.

I think the point of the thread is the death of a main character/hero you get attached to in the course of the film.

Oh yeah… The Departed.
and… Treasure of Sierra Madre

2 Likes

Nice.

Didn’t catch that one.

Best known quoted line - “Badges? I don’t have to show you any stinkin’ badges”

Braveheart is a fantastic movie.

1 Like