What is your favorite hero dies movie?

How bout 500 Motels…

Speaking of Kirk Douglas…crucified at the end of Spartacus along the Appian way, with the defeated slave army.

Guess I always took for granted that was a Blazing Saddles line.

Charlton Heston as El Cid, who dies from battle wounds just before the final battle of Valencia. To trick the enemy radical Islamic fanatics, El Cid’s generals, at the dying Cid’s wishes, harness his body up on his horse Babieka in full armor to make the fanatics and his own army think he was alive.

I think you mean 200 Motels, but i don’t think the hero dies. Me and my friend cut school to go into NY to see it.

He was in many more motels after that initial 200. And sadly he passed early.

1 Like

At least recently, the one that comes to mind is Logan.

2 Likes

Braveheart.

Took a second. :+1:

1 Like

I give the wolverine series an A+ on actor selection. Hugh Jackman is wolverine. Two takeaways were Wade Wilson and his death. I’m not even going to get into The Wolverine disaster. But like Robert Downey jr, Hugh set the bar pretty high.

1 Like

I would argue that The Wolverine wasn’t the bottom of the barrel - I think X-Men Origins: Wolverine was worse.

But I agree, Jackman was pretty perfect in that role.

1 Like

Brazil is one of the best movies ever. Only Birdman is sort of in the same tradition. Best movie ever made (off topic I know)–Dr. Strangelove.

I worked on Birdman… I think I might even be in the credits.

2 Likes

What did you do? (or is that a giveaway to your true identity?) And by the way Michael Keaton was robbed.

1 Like

I didn’t know that. One of my favorite new(ish) movies.

I turn lights on and off

If you really want to see my greatest work, I was controlling the strobe in the theater during the storm scene.

But the hardest thing was I was also in charge of lighting continuity. That was the hardest part of the job.

1 Like

Most excellent.

1 Like

That’s a fantastic observation that I hadn’t even considered.