What is your favorite hero dies movie?

Spring boarding off a conversation in another thread, I Am Legend was brought up where Will Smith died in the end…oh spoiler alert? I thought it ended well, with the cure going on to help the remaining human race. I don’t remember the alternate ending …but I was pleased with the outcome of the original.

My personal favorite at this time is Avengers End Game. Yeah, it sucked when Ironman died, but it was a great personal sacrifice ending.

I love’s Captain Miller’s sacrifice in Saving Private Ryan. Specifically what he says to Ryan as he’s dying from blood loss from the 7.92mm Mauser round that punched through him.

“James, earn this. Earn it.”

A small statement. But considering what the squad had sacrificed to reach Ryan (only Reiben and Upham survived) it was a very poignant statement.

1 Like

There’s a lot of good ones out there.

So of course my mind is drawing a blank. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Braveheart is probably my favorite, followed closely by Gladiator. I’m also still annoyed with the ending of Heat.

1 Like

This one always chokes me up.

:sniff:
.WW, PSHS

Never bothered me until my daughter was born. Now forget it.

Glory - the ending when Col. Shaw charges the Confederate line, falls, and his men’s reaction. Still gives me chills.

4 Likes

That one time when suicide bombing was cool for 5 minutes.

50abpso1

4 Likes

Optimus Prime’s death in Transformers The Movie had a profound effect on my childhood.

3 Likes

A good snot bubble would have gotten an Oscar.

Ewww, that’s gross.
LOL
.WW, PSHS

Swayze’s in Red Dawn deserved its own Oscar.

1 Like

Here’s mine:

Saw this one back when it was in the theaters. It’s one of Denzel Washington’s best!

3 Likes

The Exorcist

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Interesting choices.

1 Like

I really can’t watch the end of Return of the King without crumbling in a slobby mess. From the moment the eagles arrive to Frodo leaving for the Grey Havens. Absolutely destroyed.

1 Like

The Director’s cut recognized the mutants as a different offshoot of humans who had gotten used to their mutation and were trying to live their lives.

They were only attacking Will Smith because he was experimenting on them.

The female he captured at the end was the mate of the leader of the mutants. In the alternate ending Smirh returned her to him, smashed his laboratory and went off to the colony in Vermont with the woman and child.

A live and let live ending.

Let’s go to the classics.

Sydney Carton subbing in for Charles Darnay in A Tale of Two Cities.

He did it for the love of Lucy but he was also completely redeemed at the end because not only did he die for Charles but he comforted another woman on her way to death at the same time.

LLEWELYN MOSS

No country for old men.

Best Texan protagonist name ever.

Ah, thanks for the reminder. That ending would have pissed me off. Blowing up the room full of zombies with a grenade was the better choice imo.