What is your favorite hero dies movie?

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Movies in the 70’s- the golden age of american film - often ended sadly, with the protagonist dying. But in the 80’s the studios realized those movies didn’t make as much $$$$ as happy ending films. And so the new paradigm was born, in which the hero lives…almost every time.

The Sopranos…lol…very presumptuous of you!

He’s the protagonist certainly, and an antihero.

California country club members can get bent with their nonexistent property taxes…he’s my hero for sticking it to that old guy.

Yeah, that is an insanely great movie.

He’s deader than William Wallace, Maximus, and Darth Vader combined!

I thought Duvall was the hero of the film. It’s a film of mental breakdown. And how when you feel lost it escalates and escalates. It’s a tragic film. He lost it and at the end he was going to kill his family. In his mind that was all he had left. In my opinion of course.

Good flick. My good friends dad was like that, embellished for effect.

Couldn’t have been done any better.

Spoiler

He set everything right and checked out by his own devices, hooked on meth having never even tried it.

1 Like

I disagree.

I think the point is the relentless anxiety created by this lifestyle, and the cascading negative effects that creates on a person’s mental well being, haunt you even when you are engaged in something as simply nice as a family diner.

The final scene explains why Tony needs therapy.

This is, in my opinion, the greatest movie ever made.
I get a lot of dust in my eyes when I watch this movie.

1 Like

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

DEAD!!!

1 Like

Yeah.totally.

But doesn’t meet the OP criteria.

Just like Tommy Lee Jones in No Country For Old Men.

1 Like

Big Fish :+1:

Phil Leotardo:
Leonardo was a great Italian and that was our name originally, Leonardo. But many years ago, when my grandpa came over from Sicily, they changed it at Ellis Island from Leonardo to Leotardo.

Boy #3:
Why’d they do that for?

Phil Leotardo:
Because they’re stupid, that’s why. And jealous. They disrespected a proud Italian heritage, and named us after a ballet costume. [girl raises her hand] Marissa.

Frodo died. Went down the river styx with the elves.

1 Like

My dad died 2 months ago, and I don’t believe I’ll ever be able to watch that movie again.

2 Likes

Condolensces, and I get it.

1 Like

Yeah, the Green Mile was such a film. Hadn’t thought of that.

Sadly enough, the actor who played him died early in life as well.

^
Surprised no one’s mentioned mentioned the name " Captain Augustus “Gus” McCrae".
.WW, PSHS

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

1 Like