What exactly is establishing a religion?

Having choices not mandated by government is small government.

By teachers? I don’t think so.

Then having no publicly funded schools is the position of small government because the alternative is not giving the childless a choice.

…of a school who’s mission is rooted in religion.

if they were rooted in education, they would just open a private non-religious school. they don’t because that is not their mission.

BTW, tax payer dollars - IMO - shouldn’t go to non-religious private schools either.

Name a religious thing you disagree with that tax dollars are spent on.

Maybe other states should look into how Florida is able to do it. I teach at a Christian school and 4 of my students are there on low-income scholarships funded by a tax-credit donation system run by the state.

Freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

The school is an educational facility, you’re not buying bibles or reroofing the church with education dollars.

Nope. Because those two things keep kids from years of indoctrination by religion…

Yeah, that’s not true.

Signed,
Catholic School Graduate.

Catholic schools don’t buy bibles? Or contract for building repairs?

This is so absolutely ■■■■■■■ false.

You have a serious misunderstanding. Money that is used to pay taxes isn’t yours any longer.

If you’re a Catholic School Grad then you know it’s true.

Catholic Schools tend to operate at a loss or barely break even. They aren’t generating revenue for other uses by the church.

1 Like

It is when education voucher systems are put in place.

Explain that to the “Freedom From Religion” foundation.

Hmmm.

No it isn’t, it’s things like trying to ban religious expression from public view, attacking decades old monuments, and restricting any public expression of faith by public employees like cops, coaches, and teachers.

Uh, the school, itself, is being used by the church.

And who said anything about generating revenue? If x tax dollars are given to a catholic school, that is x dollars the church doesn’t have to spend…on the school.

The schools - as well as providing an education - are vehicles for furthering the religion. That’s what we were discussing. Tuition promotes the religion through these efforts.

I promise you my catholic school didn’t operate at a loss.