What exactly is establishing a religion?

:rainbow_flag:

Yeah, but that’s not how TAXES work.

When I pay my local taxes, I don’t et to decide which garbage company picks up my trash, or which fire company responds to a fire.

That is small government.

They could just pay the school or the school could do it for free, like my parents did.

Getting the government out of education is small government. This is neoliberal privatizing government.

Not the same thing.

In history class and discussing religions of the world.

(Which is not a problem as history classes that talk about religions of the world already mention him.)
.WW, PHS

Not up to dealing with this topic seriously at the moment.

But according to L. Ron Hubbard, I think it involves rounding up gullible morons. :smile:

I probably will have a serious reply later.

Every year when I do my taxes I have to specify my school district. That is exactly how it’s done. It wouldn’t be all that difficult to figure out each tax payers contribution and allow them to redirect it…

No it isn’t, those dollars are simply going towards the operating of a school.

For the same reason our tax dollars go to fund all sorts of things we disagree with.

Yeah … I have no problem with that.

I also have no problem discussing the Bible when it comes to understanding literature and art. One can’t understand Western Civ without understanding Christianity.

But I am curious as to how a teacher talking about “Christ” falls into a secular education.

On the contrary. The federal governments control over education is a massive bureaucracy and expense. It should be paid for and controlled at as local a level as possible. Get the federal government OUT of the schools.

Or as expression of their personal faith. I’m not talking about proselytizing or coercion of students. But there is a big difference in a teacher being allowed to express their faith and “establishing” religion. It’s gotten to the point that if a teacher even has a Bible on their desk they can be fired.

Teachers should not be expressing their personal faith in the classroom. There is no situation in which that is OK.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t he? They are essentially the same.

https://www.islamicity.org/3096/ten-commandments-from-the-bible-and-quran/

Typical liberal talking points. There is absolutely NOTHING in the constitution that should prevent a teacher from expressing their faith. If they wear a cross necklace, is that establishing a religion? Is that forcing Christianity down someone’s throat? Is it a statement against other religions or beliefs? Again, there is a big difference in an expression of faith and coercion. This nonsense is the result of nothing more than the political correctness of the bully left and the spineless idiot Republicans who have remained silent for years and allowed the left to take over education. That is the reason liberals hate the idea of vouchers and home schooling. Because those two things keep kids from years of indoctrination by liberals. Can’t have that…

As a person who does NOT practice Christianity- I’d say feel free to wear a cross, get ashes on Ash Wednesday, and generally practice your faith, but do not discuss it with students. Not a teacher’s job.

1 Like

Neither is polotical advocacy but we see kids being dragged off to various political protests around the country,

1 Like

It would be in the context of comparative religions. As long as it is being discussed neutrally and not in the context of proselytization, it is proper.

2 Likes

:bearded_person:

1 Like