What exactly is establishing a religion?

I agree that children should not be forced to go along with religious practices in public school. But, if every parent had the same right to put their children in the religious school of their choosing, then no one is being forced, no one is being discriminated against and parents, not the government have control over their children’s education. What is unconstitutional about that? No religion is being “established”.

Using public money to advance the causes of a religion is unconstitutional.

You should not be allowed to opt out of your tax burden simply because you would like to send your kid to a religious school.

At least that is how I see it.

It is something of an open question though, as I understand it.

1 Like

So you think that planned parenthood should not get any federal tax dollars. Good for you.
Because for years this has been Pro life organizations argument for no federal dollars for planed parenthood.
If planned parenthood gets federal tax money it just frees up other planned parenthood money to pay for abortions. So our tax dollars are funding abortions.

Is abortion a religion?

No, the school is run by the church for the purposes of providing education to the students.

The Church doesn’t pay for the school’s operations, it is run with tuition payments made by their parents.

Whoosh right over your head. You don’t even realize it.

Yes, I actually do understand our tax system. Evidently you believe that once the government confiscates what they want, tax payers should shut the hell up and have no say or concern in how the government uses the confiscated money. Funny though, politicians seem awful preoccupied during their campaigns telling us what they want to use our tax money for. If it’s theirs, why do they bother??

I understand just fine. You object to your tax dollars being spent on abortions, because of your religion.

And you think your freedom to practice your religion is restricted by this, correct?

How are you defining “operations”?

If bibles are purchased for bible class, is that a school operation?

You don’t have to shut up. You vote for people who wl spend it as you like, and you hope they win.

In your case, you need to vote for people who have a different take on the constitution and hope that they will allow public funding of religious institutions.

Because they are campaigning, for votes.

Our vote, and lobbying efforts, are the only ways to influence how tax money is spent.

You don’t get to put sticky notes on your taxes for where you want the money spent.

You think that gives credibility to your argument?

Gay rhetoric/propaganda is allowed in schools but Jesus cannot even be mentioned? How messed up is that???

1 Like

Nope your way off the mark.
You don’t want federal tax money going to pay for some child’s education because that allows the church to have more money to buy bibles.
The pro life people don’t want tax money going to planned parenthood because that frees up other money that planned parenthood has to perform more abortions.
Does not have one thing to do with religion.

Okay, I was trying to help you out because free exercise is your best argument.

Securalists can object to tax money for bibles because bibles are religion.

Christians cannot object to tax money for abortions because abortions are not religion.

(Because the establishment clause only pertains to an establishment of religion.)

That is why you have to go with the free exercise argument. It’s been declared a loser by the courts, but it’s a better argument, in my opinion.

There are lots of reasons to oppose elective abortions at any time that have nothing to do with religion.

85% of Americans believe there should be at least some limits on abortion.

For some it certainly seems to at least be equivalent to a religion.

No, bibles are not a religion,

Yes, Christians are certainly free to oppose religion under the Free Exercise Clause.

You are mistaken. The history of Jesus and LGBTQ history are taught in the same manner

It’s not the politicians’ either.

You can protest all you want about where it goes. I’m not saying you should be stopped in that capacity.