What anti semitism also looks like

Bingo.

:rofl:

Iā€™m jewish.

Iā€™m talking about the use of the term anti-Semite. Semitic is a language, right?

Itā€™s a langauge group.

Hebrew, Arabic, Aramaic, and so on are all semitic languages.

1 Like

ā€œDecolonizationā€ in and of itself isnā€™t antisemitic or genocidal. Some use that to describe the formation of the state of Israel - Jews coming home to their ancestral homeland and decolonizing it from the British and Ottomans.

I can promise you I do not hate Mr. Musk but heā€™s been extremely incoherent and erratic on this and many other issues.

I get that, and it originates from Shem, blah blah blah. My point is that people who accuse others of antisemitic behavior are technically incorrect.

Dude use the photo from my op. That has a filter bypass

1 Like

Hardly it was a statement promoting an old anti-Semitic conspiracy theory.

1 Like

Sure, in a very pedantic sense.

But we all use it the same way, because itā€™s a handy term. Everyone knows what people mean when they say it, itā€™s a catchy ā€œism,ā€ and it works good in acronyms.

2 Likes

I disagree with that statement. It is at least exaggerated. I think he made a mistake. Not a reason to go wailing into the hills, but probably largely mistaken.

Well, in case you havenā€™t noticed, this board is pedantic as hell. :joy:

1 Like

Oh, I know. Iā€™m one of the worst, probably.

But only when it matters.

1 Like

Absolutely no one is asking you whether you agree or disagree with his statement.

Tell us more about the preposterous charges of antisemitism.

You seem to believe I post only when someone asks me to do so, and that I take orders of what to post about.

The thing isā€¦ Musk regularly interacts with these types of accounts. This is not some isolated event. This just happened to be one of his worst takes.

1 Like

No, Iā€™m saying itā€™s a non sequitor. A deflection. A cop-out.

You canā€™t bring yourself to acknowledge Muskā€™s antisemitism, but you canā€™t really deny it either.

1 Like

True. You were the one that got all pedantic jiggy with it. Now you want to go back?

We had a couple of good discussions about this yesterday. Apparently American Jews feel no or little connection to Israel.

Thatā€™s odd to me, but fine.

But no claiming some special right to criticize or special knowledge based on Jewishness. Thereā€™s either a connection or not.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t4:

Is criticism of Israel antisemitism?

1 Like

Iā€™m Jewish too (Messianic flavor). We donā€™t all have the same views because weā€™re not a monolith and no one person has the authority or intelligence to speak on behalf of all of us.

4 Likes