What about the American Farmers?

So you agree that you cherry-picked outdated text so you could try to make your now irrelevant point?

I could careless about bankrupt farmers in the 80’s and 90’s I’m well aware of what went on because I lived it. How do you grow crops without farming equipment? I grew up on 4000 acres where beans, corn and wheat were grown every year. Farming is still one of the biggest industries in this country. It’s ignorant to think your going to build a electric combine or tractor to handle that workload.

What do you work 1000 acres with? Combines, tractors and other equipment all need a internal combustion engine to produce the amount of HP and torque needed to work hundreds of acres, we have electric cars, motorcycles that all had combustion engines. If it was practical to build a electric piece of machinery that size it would already been on the drawing board.

I have no idea what you are worried about. Who is saying that we cant use combines until alternatuve energy is practical?

Well, I personally, don’t want to die in a Climate Change apocalypse to save the American farming industry. Selfish, I know.

Hey, even if we get a green new deal we will still have Farming Simulator. Because apparently there will be no farming after the green new deal.

No he didn’t, that’s ridiculous. What he’s done is try to even the playing field and in the end the farmers will be in far better positions than they were before he was elected.

That isn’t remotely true and we all know it but don’t let that slow you down any.

“Conservative News” makes up about 10% of the “news” available to the public on any given day.

Let’s for example total up the total viewership of FNC and compare it to the total viewership of ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN.

Do you want to post the numbers or shall I?

OC’s 12yr timeline until the end of the world.

You seem to be flailing about wildly here.

CH 12 bankruptcy is completely different than chapters 7 and 11 so most people have no idea what it means.

It doesn’t mean these farmers are going out of business and having to sell out.

You must live in a bad part of MO. I lived and farmed in MO for 10 years. I have friends who are farmers in MO and I still talk to them at least once or twice a month. Not one of them is laying people off because of the trade war with china. None of them are shuttering. They are still feeding their cattle and hogs and will be planting after winter is over. None of them are whining about the trade wars either.
Then we have the farmers and ranchers where I live now. They are not laying people off and they are not shuttering. In fact I have not seen a flyer for a farm sale around here in over a year.
We no longer farm but we do still run a few cows and we have not laid anyone off or shuttered. In fact the only people we have to lay off in our ranch operation would be myself or my husband.
The fact is the farm program that was started in the 80’s has hurt more farmers than any trade deal. It has kept the price of corn low.
The cattle market had a good run a couple of years ago but like anything high prices don’t last forever. The market is a little lower but it has not tanked. We are calving right now and the cows are still getting fed.
It’s not the end of the world and if anyone is whining it’s big corporate farms and in my eyes they are not farmers. Most family farms and ranch’s don’t have hired help the wife, husband and kids do all the work. And we are used to the ups and downs of farming and ranching and tighten our belts during the lean times and get caught up when the market is high.
Like I’ve said before when the they started the farm program in the 80’s we realized that because they were keeping the corn market low and we couldn’t make farming work out without taking government money we sold our farm equipment and leased our farm land. We kept the cattle and started a construction company.

Anyone with any actual experience in agriculture knows that farmers are in it for the long haul and expect both up and down years.

Nobody with a pulse expects a trade war to be bloodless or that people won’t suffer some short term setbacks as a result.

The goal make the journey worthwhile and this isn’t going to have as much impact on farmers as an extra harsh/cold winter or an extra hot and dry summer a year in which both north and south America have record crop years in the same year driving prices down.

We’ll all get through this just fine and be better off in the end.

Sounds like a scene from that movie Threads.

Electric engines make more horsepower and more torque than internal combustion engines. They are far more efficient at energy conversion. Significantly more especially when you compare power to weight ratios.

As of now the limitations isn’t the engines. They are well developed. It’s the batteries that are holding them back.

Absolutely. And getting better every year. Why? Because today’s markets incentivize that innovation.

Democrats don’t hate capitalism, cons.

If that were true why is it none of their new green energy ideas can pay for themselves and why do they require such heavy subsidies?

I’ve certanly never seen that with the exception of large diesel electric units for marine and rail transport.

Line electricity simply can’t compete because of transmission loss.

I have yet to see a batter powered car of equal weight that compete with even a V6 for torque and horsepower much less pulling capacity or acceleration.

You’re griping about subsidies in a discussion of American farming?

:notes: “It’s like ra-ay-ain on your wedding day”

I stated a fact. If you can’t handle facts don’t read my posts.

I’m merely pointing out the irony of you decrying subsidies as a possible component of technological innovation in the service of agriculture, which relies heavily on, you know, subsidies.

But hey, you do you.