Were you disappointed with the corruption of AG Holder and Lynch?

Ok, now show us where you have evidence that Trump was in any way involved in this?

Looks like Sessions took a look at the evidence and did the right thing to me.

Iā€™m not claiming a conspiracy. Iā€™m sure he was in some way. They get to claim they are vindicated by winning the lawsuit but in reality sessions wasnt going to fight it why would he.

They were vindicated, the whole thing was improper from the start and an abuse of power by Lois Learner who was finally forced to resign and go into early retirement to avoid losing her retirement after being fired for abusing her office.

1 Like

The DOJ would have lost. A settlement was reached and a federal judge approved it and said something to the effect of it being appropriate and fair.

A former chairman of the FEC laid it out nicely here.

1 Like

Kinda weird eh
Iā€™m not frankly aware of any other class action lawsuit against the IRS for anything where the IRS paid money,ā€ Mark Meckler, who as president of Citizens for Self Governance funded the class action challenge, told The Washington Times when the settlement was submitted for final approval several weeks ago.

If they didnā€™t settle they were going to get their clocks cleaned in court and the IRS was going to catch a huge black eye as their own people were forced to testify in open court how Learnerā€™s office intentionally sought to suppress the TPOā€™s and other conservative organizations.

Odds are very good that once that case was over there were going to be a number of IRS officials charged with various crimes relating to abuse of office and official oppression under color of law.

1 Like

If you say so

The didnā€™tā€™ stand a chance of winning and the exposure was going to be very bad for the organization and as I said, they would not be able to avoid a criminal investigation and charges once it was all made public and put on record in court.

How do you know

I followed the story closely for three or four years.

Both conservative and liberal groups were targeted.

Butā€¦

After more research, it does appear there were some rogue IRS employees did delay more conservative groups than liberal groups, and did not follow correct procedures.

I stand corrected.

Please keep in mind though, there were no criminal prosecutions, although some people were fired. And it was the Session Justice dept. that settled the issue. No that, that makes a difference, just noting that fact.

Of course they did itā€™s partisanship which is why no one on the left should be shocked If Pelosi allows impeachment it dies as soon as it reaches the senate. Everything is about teams now.

Going back to LBJ (~53 years), there have been 25 years of Democrat presidents, and 28 years of republican presidents.

In the 25 years of D presidents, there have been a total of 3 executive branch officials indicted, with 1 conviction, and 1 prison sentence.

In the 28 years of R presidents, there have been a total of 120 indictments of executive branch officials, 89 convictions, and 34 prison sentences

3 Likes

I donā€™t follow you. What was ā€œweirdā€? The IRS acknowledged its damages against the plaintiffs and they settled on an amount. Whatā€™s ā€œweirdā€ about that?

Link?

Hillary should have been indicted. Had you or I did what she did, weā€™d be in a prison right now.

The only thing heā€™s actually showing is five or six decades of democrats going after republicans when the regain power and republican continually taking the high road and letting things drop once the democrats are out of office.

Well, guess what, thatā€™s no longer the case.

2 Likes

What did she do?

Donā€™t even bother answering it Patrick, weā€™ve been over her offenses here hundreds if not thousands of times in every detail.

You waste your time typing it all out and providing citations and heā€™ll just offer some lame deflection or denial and pretend he never read it.

Itā€™s just a complete waste of effort.

1 Like

Must not have done anything since trumpā€™s DOJ isnā€™t doing anything.