Well now she’s gone and done it…

The fact that Trump is a hypocrite.

That it correct. It was ended in 1980 (Jimmy Carter) was not renewed by Ronald Reagan who even visited China baptizing a new direction in US foreign policy in the region

Green doesn’t cut it…what part that you don’t understand? Nuclear, yeah but wind mills and solar isn’t going to produce the power that’s needed.

NG is good choice. But in case you haven’t noticed NG doubled in last year…and expecting to continue going up.

1 Like

Ummm…

“ The “Taiwan Policy Act of 2022” would provide $4.5 billion in defense assistance to Taiwan over the next four years. It also would designate Taiwan as a major non-NATO ally and set up a “broad sanctions regime” to penalize China for any hostile action against Taiwan, including actions in the Taiwan Strait.”

2 Likes

So can conservatives here be more clear? Is it bad to stand with Taiwan against potential Chinese aggression? Or should we placate China and not support Taiwan?

There are as many conservative opinions on it as there are conservatives on the board.

Not sure why you think there is one homogeneous position,

If I were president, I would have been working to start cutting ties with China on every front possible. And we should be as sided with Taiwan as possible.

I don’t know if “cutting ties” is feasible and certainly not economically smart. But I do agree we need to have a strong position when dealing with them and that includes supporting Taiwan.

In some ways the war in Ukraine is a proxy war between China and the US- with China supporting Russia and the US supporting Ukraine. The more we support Ukraine the more we make China reconsider aggression towards Taiwan.

^^^ Not an Alliance.

1 Like

How about we approach our diplomatic relations with other countries as we see fit and not let foreign governments dictate what those policies will be?

2 Likes

Uh huh- do you support sending billions to Taiwan to defend it from Chinese military aggression?

Do you not understand the difference between a Statutory Policy and an Alliance?

Do you support sending billions to Taiwan to defend it from Chinese military aggression?

Do you mean like the $40 billion sent to Ukraine?

The question was about an Alliance to come to their aid if attacked, not about selling them weapons.

1 Like

No I mean sending money to Taiwan.

Yes/no

Quite trying to change the subject. The point was about an alliance to defend them.

2 Likes

Yes this conservative’s opinion is

• China bad
  • Taiwan good
  • It is good that we do not hamstring ourselves (nor future generations) with open-ended mutual defense treaties.

Taiwan does not need foreign aid.
They can and will pay for their weapons straight up.

Ukraine cannot afford to buy weapons.

A subtle but important difference.
(Same reason we give to food to poor countries but sell it to rich ones,)

Except it’s not consistent with the one China policy. Under that policy Taiwan belongs to China and if they say you can’t come, you can’t.

Fortunately, we don’t think like the hive mind. We can support Trump and still disagree with him on certain matters.

2 Likes

I have made my position pretty clear.

So had Trump but that was bad according to most libs on here.

2 Likes