Well now she’s gone and done it…

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty sure that the Trump Corporation isn’t left-wing

Neither was the Clinton admin., regarding the economy.

I just find it funny anytime a Trump supporter talks about how businesses need to stop manufacturing in China when Trump hasn’t even done so.

1 Like

Robotics, automation and spreading out industries throughout Asia.

Only reason “some” industries prefer China is because of their dictatorial government…a government that won’t allow environmental damage, contamination etc to go public. Secrecy is the game.

But to bring those high tech industry home…you need energy…cheap energy. When you’re running robotics and other forms of automation you need power. Wind mills is not going to cut it…do you understand that? Not trying to insult you but running lots of machinery using 3 phase electric to carry that load needed.

Now this may sound cheap to you…but this is for single average size robot that may be using on circuit board. Now I’m just using estimated guess here since I’m not an expert on circuit boards…OK So don’t quote me.

He uses a medium-sized robot, about 100-kg payload, as an example of a typical industrial robot that you might deploy for material handling applications. Taking into account the average power consumption for this size robot of 7.35 kW and the average energy cost of 10 cents per kWh (based on 2013 rates for industrial usage, source: U.S. Department of Energy), he calculates the average cost to operate a medium-sized robot at 75 cents an hour.

Now that’s 16 dollars a day. That’s just for 1 robot. That’s enough power to run 8 average size home…plus or minus.

Now I’m thinking out of the box here. Automation is even more expensive because you’re running conveyors and other machinery etc.

Googles answer to this question.

So you see. To advance our high tech industry we need power…lots of power.

Why do YOU think China is has built or building so many coal plants? You think they can run their robotics/automation with wind and solar?

It’s not hard to figure out once in understand the dynamics of it.

And I’m high school drop out.

If you want to go down that rabbit hole knock yourself out. But frankly I would be embarrassed. But that’s me.

Tariffs. Trump Doctrine.

You had the answer and chased it away.

1 Like

Now that’s a huge dose of TDS right there!

3 Likes

I didn’t know you trust the Democrat Leadership to not engage in such contrivances.

JWK

I do not disagree with anything you said, and yes, automation is the future for manufacturing.

FYI, I am also a HS drop out. Later got my GED, and then took 2 years of community college, just short of an AA degree.

I have been working in Tech manufacturing for 25 years. I supply OEM’s and EMS companies the tools, production equipment and materials to build PCB’s (solder/chemicals etc…)

But you did not address my concern.,.,…how do we get manufacturing back w/out disrupting the economy…that could hurt a lot of people?

Or, just facts that get ignored.

Aren’t those still in effect?

Did the actually do anything?

What facts? That a “Trump supporter” requires Trump to say something before the supporter can say it?

That’s a big bucket of TDS.

Don’t tell me you buy into that too?

5 Likes

Thats why it important right now to start decoupling from China. Instead of so-called inflation act, we should have used that to give tax incentives for corporate to move out of China, and tax incentives for power plants here in America…even if it means using clean coal. Are you for that?

3 Likes

I can’t believe that broken record keeps on going, even better than the energizer bunny.

Don’t they ever get embarrassed playing the same tune over, and over and over?

They have no shame.

2 Likes

Is this the story the right is telling to get back at the left for claiming Trump was in Putin’s pocket?

We have no alliance with Taiwan.

1 Like

More tax breaks for corporations? No…I am not for that.

Make the incentive, that corps can keep their current tax breaks they get…if they bring at least 50% of the manufacturing back to the states…if they do not, they get a tax hike.

Regarding power plants, it needs to be a mix of green and fossil fuels, preferably NG, as it burns cleaner.