Well now she’s gone and done it…

It’s like people keep forgetting NAFTA was dreamt up by Bush I and his admin. Clinton just signed it. The whole outsourcing thing isn’t a left/right thing. It’s a greedy owner/greased palms thing. Money has no political affiliation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2018/12/02/how-george-hw-bush-pushed-united-states-embrace-free-trade/

The big lie was that it was supposed to level the playing field. Our trade imbalance since all these various acts have been passed speak otherwise.

Government is owned and operated by the wealthy. It’s why multibillion dollar companies can simply threaten to do business elsewhere and get taxpayer money literally handed to them. We just saw it happen a few days ago.

1 Like

As an absolute? True. I carefully worded my statement not to be an absolute.

The less we are tied to China, the easier it will be to move more independently as a nation.

We are currently beholden to China, far too deeply.

In the memetime.

3 Likes

The only reason Mean old Nancy went to Taiwan was to make sure no one talked about her husband’s hearing on DUI>>>.

3 Likes

I’m sure the timing was PURE coincidence!

1 Like

This stuff is just nuts. Like when people say getting involved with Ukraine/Russia was to distract from the Durham report.

1 Like

To distract from BIden’s economy in general.

1 Like

To distract from whatever you feel like saying at the time.

2 Likes

Do they not teach verb tenses in school anymore?

Are we 'fending 'Mocracy again?

2 Likes

They used a war that would cause more worldwide disruptions to distract from the economy? Really?

:dart::dart::dart:

1 Like

Lots of conspiratorial speculations …

But what was the actual political/international/partnership/whatever reason for the carbon expenditure and the dollars spent for all this?

I think there has been a big push for this by the hardliners in our government who are sick of p-footing around the issue and allowing China’s “wolf warrior” diplomats to dominate the messaging. Finally talked Biden into, essentially:

“Hey China. We’ll do what we want, on your most sensitive issue, and you can literally go ■■■■ yourself. How’s that.”

I guess we’ll see how it turns out. Don’t think the Chinese thought Biden had it in him. I didn’t.

Likely all the media coverage of Biden’s opposition to the trip was doe posturing. (Rather, his opposition to the trip was posturing. Media just covered it.)

And yes, I’m with you that this came from handlers and not really from the Oval Office.

Libs carry on in lock step, so they think that everyone else does as well.

2 Likes

Biden will be remembered in part for very firm foreign policy positions- leaving Afghanistan, strongly supporting Ukraine against Russia, standing firm with China, re-energizing NATO.

Ukraine’s success in stopping Russia comes in part from our assistance- and helps us to be more bold in our defense of Taiwan.

1 Like

I liked the fact she went. I am surprised that so many on the right are aghast at this.

Trump met with a true dictator and legitimized him on the world stage and he was lauded by his supporters as being a strong statesman yet when Pelosi tells China to go ■■■■ themselves she is somehow damaging America.

I cannot stand Pelosi as a politician but I do admire that she refused to let China bullying stop her trip.

Adding this as @STODR comments made me research some more and I realized I was wrong. See, its easy to admit when your wrong without the need to double down and desperately try to prove the original point was right. Cheers @STODR

1 Like

I don’t remember many on the right against it. She got public praise from right on the hill. However some Dems refused to comment on it.

2 Likes

Actually you are right. I misinterpreted their comments.

As for dems not commenting, I agree that was on the mixed message sent by Biden. He could have easily said there was no reason to comment on her trip as she was not going in the capacity to represent the US on a diplomatic mission. Instead he ■■■■■■ up the message. Typical politician and bad on him.

1 Like